Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

GP quick trak button

I just posted this to Minelab repair but since it's Sunday maybe an answer tomorrow....

Hello Jeff....I have a question....if I disconnect the quick trak button on my GP3500 what effect will it have on it's performance other than going to manual for GB and turning it into a GP3000?

The detector should work with or without the QT button...I would cover up the connection at the box...to keep the stuff out.

fred

My 4000 went over a cliff one time and the handle turned on the shaft and pulled the wires out of the button (yes- it was in my hand when it happend) I used it with the wires unpluged for a couple of days before I made repairs. No problems.

That switch takes the place of the automatic ground balance/fixed switch on the front panel ... if the green button is inoperable you can still balance the machine. I would suggest removing the plug from the socket if the button is inoperable and cover the socket so dirt and debris doesn't get in as one other has suggested. Simply balance the old way by switching into tracking while pumping the coil as we always have until the unit is balanced to a smooth threshold, then switch into fixed while still pumping and stop the pump action, pause briefly and continue detecting. Listen for break in threshold, dig target and enjoy the fact that you just found a gold nugget ... simple as that! Riiiiight! :thumbsupanim:inocent::rolleyes:

Mike f

I just posted this to Minelab repair but since it's Sunday maybe an answer tomorrow....

Hello Jeff....I have a question....if I disconnect the quick trak button on my GP3500 what effect will it have on it's performance other than going to manual for GB and turning it into a GP3000?

Having had a GP3000 (added the gold button upgrade to it myself), the GP3500-GPX5000 has the green quick track button. On all of them disconnecting the Quick Track Ground Balance button has no affect on the front panels switch, you simply have to Ground balance the old way using the front switch (all other features of the detector remains the same). The GP3500 has more features than an Extreme or a GP3000, and only the Ground Balancing using the panel switch would be the same until repaired. On a GPX5000 not plugging in the Quick Track Button cable has a similar effect... GB the old way and all the other features remain intact and un-affected (still a GPX5000 minus one convenience).