Nugget Shooter Forums

yes or no ?

lon

Lon I told you yesterday you should of lefterrightthere :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

looks like a piece of steel Lon.....Does it have really strong magnetism? Anyway , I hope its a meteorite, hang on to it.

Adam no not a piece of steel but it does have a magnetism not like pure steel. Went home cut it in half there are spec of metal in it like a gold basin.Did i get lucky? Mike you know it looked good :D . you are just upset that you came home with empty pockets.And not a extra dollar this time :yesss: .I at least i came home with hope in my pocket :4chsmu1: .Boy i hope :grr01: or i will not here the end of this one lol

Thx guys

Lon

post-15198-0-41750300-1364337350_thumb.j

Went home cut it in half there are spec of metal in it like a gold basin.Did i get lucky?

Well, that's a good way to make 2 meteorites :laught16: I am certainly in no position to say if it is or not, as I don't have much of a clue about anything.... :89: hang onto it though

Adam no not a piece of steel but it does have a magnetism not like pure steel. Went home cut it in half there are spec of metal in it like a gold basin.Did i get lucky? Mike you know it looked good :D . you are just upset that you came home with empty pockets.And not a extra dollar this time :yesss: .I at least i came home with hope in my pocket :4chsmu1: .Boy i hope :grr01: or i will not here the end of this one lol

Thx guys

Lon

Hi Lon I didnt have the heart to take another dollar from you :idunno: so I didnt show you the 3.5 dwter I found :4chsmu1: and as far as your wanabe space turd I think it looks more like a lizard turd :nutty: Mike C... :200:

Well, those metal sparkles inside look promising .. I wouldn't throw it away for sure... Cheers, Unc

the pic is not clear...

a simple, cheap whet-stone, some spit and a little grinding will give you a window to check for nickel/iron inclusions...there is no need to cut a possible meteorite in half...

fred

Cut about 20% off of it then take a pic in the sunlight using the macro on your camera. Get a nice clean pic and post it if you can.

Del

Picture looks interesting, I would verify that those shinny flecks are metal or mineral. A good look though a loupe can help determine that. If you look at these flecks though magnification, if it's a mineral, you would see some dispersion. If it's metal, you would not see dispersion.

I am not convinced yet. I see some things I don't like in the picture. However, I reserve my opinion at this time as you need to continue the basic tests!

Cheers!

Jim

Yeah the pic seems to show chondrites also.
You can only see so much from a pic but I think it looks good.
Wait till maybe Bill has a look at it in person.

Lon I don't think you mentioned if you found it in a area that had meteorites. ???

Get it to an xrf analyzer.

Dave

Archived