Nugget Shooter Forums

the story of Fred Mason's specimen

Hi all,

I was the happy winner in the recent raffle of a very nice specimen donated by Fred. I've attached a pic below. Fred said he wouldn't mind if I share his story:

Back in the fall of 2005 or the spring of 2006, Arizona Outback hosted an Outing. The Outing was based near Stanton and most of us camped around Decision Corners. I was attending with my buddy Jeff and his two friends. When we arrived at the Corners we spied a likely parking spot for his motor home. So he backed it in. Then we all piled out of the motor home, as I looked over the terrain I said to the guys; "see that spot? I am going to go rake it, find a nugget and then put my tent there."

Glad you did, Fred!

Jean

p.s. can someone explain how to post the image in the body of the post?

post-23574-0-99398600-1363636851_thumb.j

ok, the rest:

So, I did rake it, I did find that speci you now have and I had three envious cohorts semi-mad at me for the whole trip...because, I did not let them forget that I named the time and place of my next nugget...I still remind them on occasion...

The Outing was based near Stanton and most of us camped around Decision Corners. I was attending with my buddy Jeff and his two friends. When we arrived at the Corners we spied a likely parking spot for his motor home. So he backed it in. Then we all piled out of the motor home, as I looked over the terrain I said to the guys; "see that spot? I am going to go rake it, find a nugget and then put my tent there."

There's a nice gold and quartz specimen that was lost just east of Decision Corner at the flat spot on the right after you cross that

gully.

I was at a party the night it was lost at that location. All of us spent time looking for it all morning but simply too many nails and trash to be dug so we gave up on it.

Goldfinger and all,

I'm not sure what to do now ... I would be happy to return the specimen to its rightful owner. Is the person who lost it on this forum? Can somebody who knows him show him the pic I posted, or perhaps he can communicate with Fred about the exact location of where he lost it?

If it is his specimen, he may be happy to know it was donated to a good cause .... :shake2::89:

Would welcome any feedback.

Jean

There's a big misunderstanding about Fred's specimen. That was NOT the same specimen that was lost a few years ago by another couple. I only meant to imply other gold and quartz specimens were found in that area and one was lost. Jean now has a specimen of her own that's worthy of any collection.

My apologies.

Steve

No worries, Jean...You have agood spirit to even think about returning that item.Random and misleading comments are often posted to these threads...the problem is in the written word which usually does not clearly convey one's intended meaning...but we all just keep doing the best we can...

Steve, thanks for making your comment clear...

The gold-gods put that little speci there so I could have some fun...

fred