Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold specimens

Boorx4

Greetings one and all,

Just thought that I would share some pictures of two gold specimens that I recently found in an old mine dump.

The first piece is 3/4 inch cubed and after crushing and panning it, contained 2+ grams of gold. Found this on Valentine's Day.

The second piece is 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/4 inches. For now, I don't plan on crushing it and will keep as is. This one was found on 3/15/13.

Happy Hunting,

Bob

post-951-0-03361100-1363543386_thumb.jpgpost-951-0-11866000-1363549242_thumb.jpg

Boy...thats some nice gold!

I think I would be back there with a shovel and rake doing some damage to that tailings pile :)

Good luck to ya.

Tom H.

My experiance is just oposite from Steve H's. By the time I drive 100 miles+ to the nearest buyers, listen to them tell me It's nice looking but not worth much, let them do there own S.G. test, ....... I do much beter with the refiners.

Just smashed a big handfull a couple days ago for about 7ozt. (I would send some pictures if I was smart enough to figure out how)