Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab 4500 in enhance question

I have to admit, its been very rewarding experimenting with settings on my new M/L 4500. After some success at locating nuggets...I found a perfect setting for some ground I am working in my area. I found that when I hit areas that have extreme variable ground minerlisation the detector reacts a bit unstable. I am confident that a larger target I would recognize , but I was not sure with small pieces under a gram at some dept I could miss. Well I set my soil timing from N to enhance and found it very stable. In fact I picked up a .4 gram and .7 gram piece right away, when before in N mode I missed it. I heard from many on the forum, that when in Enhanced mode you lose some dept..but I am finding that a little lose is actually a gain in these types ground conditions. Can anyone tell me how much lose in dept on average when timings are set on Enhance mode? And how many of you use the Enhance setting and what is your opinion on it.

The areas I have been hitting are all very hot and variable in mineralization ... My 4500 can tune all the forms of minerals out without seeming to lose much depth ... I hunt deep, enhanced, gain 12 - 15, stabilizer 1, tracking fixed ... The ground is not very deep, most less than a foot and max about 18 ... Lots of both positive and negative hot rocks, but targets zing unmistakably ... Larger gold produces a reverse signal .... Cheers, Unc

One thing I forgot to mention was I was also able to run the gain much higher, at times cranking it up to 14 in some of these hot spots..I am also planning to hit some grounds I worked before that had similar ground conditions. Ron, what size coil are you using running at the above settings. I am considering getting the 14" Nuggetfinder Mono round for mine. What I have read on line is its pretty stable and runs very well on the 4500.

On my 5000, I find the special mode to give me better depth than the normal or enhanced on Mono Coils. I usually run the normal mode on my DD coils for better depth. I have a 16" NF mono coil, and it gets real good depth on the special mode.

Dave