Nugget Shooter Forums

YUCCA DCA

Hi all!

Now that the YUCCA DCA has been offically approved, I find this the appropriate time to share this:

Franconia_zps0e1ff64e.jpg

This map was possible because of the contributions of kind people. I interviewed many people. Some people flat would not share their data, I can count them on 1 hand, and many just did not have the data anymore or did not collect the data. So, thousands of finds are lost forever. Those that contributed (and I may have missed a few) are:
Larry Atkins
Jerry Baird
Troy Ball
Jim Bowden
Mark Bowling
Brian Couch
Robert Crane
Richard Garcia
Paul Harris
Dave Libuszowski
Robert Matson
Cody Miller
Roy Miller
Dough Ross
Stan Santiago
Terry Scott
Keith Semanko
Larry Sloan
Robert Smith
Jason Snyder
Greg Stanley
Homer Stocham
Jim Tobin
Robert Verish
Dennis Wells
James Winn
John Wolfe
Wendy Wooddell
Jim Wooddell

YUCCA 016 and 017 are now in the bulletins. YUCCA 015 (H-Metal) is pending.

Jim

Jim,

Noooooooo :duc: you let the cat out of the bag........ Just Kidding. Great work on the map and the amount of time you have put into this.

Dave.

Jim, what's the difference between the blue and the green? Nice work and thanks for posting.

Steve

Hi Steve!

The Green represents chondrites and the blue represents irons...pretty much all H-Metal from an H chondrite. This map represents over 1200 recoveries.

This map extends the field by about 4 miles from previous published maps and corrects many known mapping errors from previous efforts.

Jim

Hi Steve!

The Green represents chondrites and the blue represents irons...pretty much all H-Metal from an H chondrite. This map represents over 1200 recoveries.

Jim

Hi Jim

How do you interpret the colored locations? Almost all chrondrites to the south. Then there's that blue band of H metal irons to the west. I have a couple ideas but am no expert so I will defer to you.

Steve

Hi Jim

How do you interpret the colored locations? Almost all chrondrites to the south. Then there's that blue band of H metal irons to the west. I have a couple ideas but am no expert so I will defer to you.

Steve

Hi Steve,

The diameter of the circles represent weights. The data will be released at some future time.

Jim

Jim,

Noooooooo :duc: you let the cat out of the bag........ Just Kidding. Great work on the map and the amount of time you have put into this.

Dave.

Ha Ha!

Thanks. keep in mind, some of our friends who helped with this are stroking out on us, having heart attacks, loosing their knees, etc. One main reason I wanted to get this out there is to give them the credit and respect they deserve before it's too late.

Hi Steve!

This map extends the field by about 4 miles from previous published maps and corrects many known mapping errors from previous efforts.

Jim

Hi Steve,

The diameter of the circles represent weights. The data will be released at some future time.

Jim

Thanks for compiling the map Jim, a great job!!

What do the green stars represent?

Great work, thanks for the updated map. Very helpful and informative. I agree that the folks who did the work need to be recognized. Too often they are unknown, unsung heroes.

Are the green stars representing very large finds, or what?

Great job for coordinating that effort, Jim, the end result is awesome. Big thanks to everyone who contributed!

Thanks for compiling the map Jim, a great job!!

What do the green stars represent?

Oops! The stars represent classified meteorites in the bulletins.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Great map! I think you forgot to thank (give credit to) Jim Smaller (Paleface) for all his work in the field. Many or all the hunters gave Jim Smaller find locations back in the day. If it was not for Jim Smaller a lot of this information would have been lost. And for the New location to the NW on the Franconia strewn field Jim spent a lot of time in this area, Just ask a couple of the old timers. :old:

Sonny

If it was not for Jim Smaller a lot of this information would have been lost.

I think it was all lost, literally, thus one of the reason's for Jim's project here.

Steve,

There are more cactus at Gold Basin and when the wind blows there ...it really blows! :rasberry:

Jim

What about the Dry Lakes on the NM border of AZ?

You never hear of anyone hunting them But ya know God Thru his rock there.

post-21985-0-59534700-1363624576_thumb.j

Gold basin is many times larger than the known Franconia strewnfield...

fred

Hi Fred,

How do you figure?

I believe it was written that the GB field was 50 square miles and that the fragments can be found beyond that range.
That was documented when incomplete data was used.
I don't know the size of Franconia but I would guess it is a relatively smaller area

Fred don't even go there!! The width of the field in Gold Basin is longer that the length of Franconia.

and I can prove this on any given day. Yes I like Jim's map but when did he last talk to Larry Sloan and John Wolfe about coords and what data is missing!!! Not So!!! And I would like to see this new Yucca come up with all the finds in the field and be compared to them. I love newbie's that try to make a mark and take it all away from the rest. In my DVD there where 54 people that gave there coords to make a map of Franconia and it still exists. Thanks to Jim.

What about the Dry Lakes on the NM border of AZ?

You never hear of anyone hunting them But ya know God Thru his rock there.

That looks like an excellent place to hunt. If I were living in that area, that's where I would be looking.

Mobilehomes...what does that mean?

Jim...Gb strewn field crosses pierce ferry highway and apparently crosses the river , meteorites have been found from the north side of gregs hideout road to the top of the main part of GB...you do the math compared to Franconia which is maybe 3-5 miles wide by 10 miles long...unless your map and Jim Smaller's efforts fail to show a much larger area...

but, I don't claim any special knowledge beyond some reading, personal experience and a humble desire to aid my fellow travelers...

on another note................

I miss JIm Smaller...he was the finest sort of person...

fred

Mobilehomes...what does that mean?

Jim...Gb strewn field crosses pierce ferry highway and apparently crosses the river , meteorites have been found from the north side of gregs hideout road to the top of the main part of GB...you do the math compared to Franconia which is maybe 3-5 miles wide by 10 miles long...unless your map and Jim Smaller's efforts fail to show a much larger area...

but, I don't claim any special knowledge beyond some reading, personal experience and a humble desire to aid my fellow travelers...

on another note................

I miss JIm Smaller...he was the finest sort of person...

fred

Fred don't even go there!! The width of the field in Gold Basin is longer that the length of Franconia.

and I can prove this on any given day. Yes I like Jim's map but when did he last talk to Larry Sloan and John Wolfe about coords and what data is missing!!! Not So!!! And I would like to see this new Yucca come up with all the finds in the field and be compared to them. I love newbie's that try to make a mark and take it all away from the rest. In my DVD there where 54 people that gave there coords to make a map of Franconia and it still exists. Thanks to Jim.

Mobile Homes. You crack me up.

You know NOTHING about who I did or did not talk to. What is funny is both the folks you mentioned have data on my map. I think I made a mistake posting my info this forum.

Just for the record, Jim Smaller's Map and his data package, which I have, represented approximately 200 recordable verifiable finds. He only gave credit to a hand full of people for his map

To be clear, I did not base my map or my efforts on Jim Smaller's good work.....and I did not have his data package until later on when Twink and Larry Sloan helped me out. Oh, btw, I do have Larry Sloan's data package as well, so I have no clue where you get your lies from.

Of the over 100 people I contacted, many of them on this forum, did not share or did not have their data any longer for a multitude of reasons. As a matter of fact, I did reach out to you and you did not choose to share for whatever reason. I also, as I said, reached out to many of the people on this forum for data in the last three years.

On Jim Smaller's report/paper, he thanked John Wolfe, Jerry Baird, Larry Sloan, Dennis Wells, Sonny Clary, Denny Asher and Mike Miller. He mentioned 21 other people, by stating: "21 other individuals supplied bits of information that help to put this report together!!!!" His words, not mine.

As I research the data, folks sent me or handed me data. Those that I could verify on Jim's map data, such as Dennis Wells, Jerry Baird's, Larry Sloan's, John Wolfe's and others, I did.

I did mention 1000's of finds are not in my record...probably lost forever. I also mentioned I know of over 500 recoveries since my map. I know there will be more.

You are a fool to think I am taking anything away from anyone. My efforts will only further the knowledge and understanding of the area.

I've never tried to profit from my efforts as you have done. I suppose you are more qualified to do all the testing and research as I have...yet you really never did and just leached and profited of the backs of others.

Jim

Archived