Nugget Shooter Forums

Gravel recovery system

Oakview2

I saw this yesterday. I wonder if and how this would work on a much larger scale. They seem to have some good claims but the name of the game is to process as much material as possible in the shortest time frame if you're really serious about getting gold.

Steve

This was a hot post on hte GPAA site http://www.goldprospectors.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27630&KW=Dave+McCracken&PN=1&title=working-underwater-in-california-this-year. It also is explained in this website: http://www.goldgold.com/underwater-suction-gravel-transfer-systems.html.

Presopectors have used this to get gravel out of a strem bed, but they can't have sluices anywhere near the site, not even in a vehicle parked on the river by them. The dirsts supposed to be collected, and then run seperately. The California DNR is not adverse to it since a dredge is a water suction device and a sluice. However, who knoes if this will change or not in the next hearing.

It looks like a good way to get a large amount of material quickly. Dave McKracken talks about blowing away the top layers with a hydroforce nozzle and just going after a pay layer.

Differant, :89:

You have to empty the bucket every so often, right?

...and then run the classified again, separatly through a sluice that you can't have on site?

I'm havin' trouble with the "time factor" involved.

Run, stop empty bucket, run sluice (at home?), run more, stop empty bucket,...take all the

material someplace to run it through a sluice. Oh ya, brlng back the taililngs.

Emtying the bucket and re-running through the sluice are the big time killers, steeling prodution time.

Id' prefer run, clean out sluice ( no more than twice a day), Pan, and day's done.

Like Goldfinger says, "as much as possible in the shortest time frame". :brows:

I saw this yesterday. I wonder if and how this would work on a much larger scale. They seem to have some good claims but the name of the game is to process as much material as possible in the shortest time frame if you're really serious about getting gold.

Steve

...as a hoibby, maybe O.K., but let's get some Gold! :yesss:

Personally, I'm gonna pass,... :zzzzz:

I have not tried the workaround, but some friends have been hitting a area that has been hammered, and this was their take for two trips in the snow.

744577d1361326044t-winter-high-banking-i

They have been using a 50 gallon barrell, and they put a highbanker down stream. They are now converting their 50 gallon drum into a large fluid bed.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha so much bs fill that miniscule thang in less than a minute-just mo'49rs bs to pick pockets. You'd need a dumpster for a 4"...and that info goes there too...dredgn' my arse..On the first day he created gravity,on the second blastn' underwater into a anchored sluicebox. Eliminate the pump OR the jet and good to go.....John

post-23710-0-02081700-1363008518_thumb.j

20+ years ago when they first came out to try and conserve water pressure to a underpowered 2 1/2" that lost too much psi when blaster turned on.Only had a 2 1/2 hp briggs on it and running a t-80 also was just too much. Ran dredge/t-80 doable, but blasted fine without air compressor, but still trying to figure out how to breathe underwater without compressor. Rebreathers cost a FORTUNE-John

• 2 weeks later...