Nugget Shooter Forums

last nuggets from no shoulders!

shep

Had a great time at LSD, tough hunting tho. The last day and in afternoon, we thought we'd try no shoulders patch. Bout after 45 minutes, I walked over to Tom and tell him I was throwing the towel in; he said I shouldn't and showed me a nice maybe dwtr ! Said he was working down the wash. He missed a bitty one about 5' away, so no skunks here!

Shep

Tommy called me abit ago. He doesn't do the computer thing yet, but wanted me to tell all he had a great time! With all the walking and swinging, I still gained 4#s! Thanks Billy and Blake! With a couple of stops for the dog, the return trip was about 12 hours. Having a glass of wine and gonna hit the bed very soon!

Shep

P.S. will let you know Patrick, which direction we're going for next month; don't even want to think about driving anywhere for awhile!

Yo Shep ... I really didn;t think you guys would pick up something that big there!!!! WTG !!! That's a fun patch and one that requires some seriouso skills to pop a signal ... Cheers, Unc

Yo Shep ... I really didn;t think you guys would pick up something that big there!!!! WTG !!! That's a fun patch and one that requires some seriouso skills to pop a signal ... Cheers, Unc

How 'bout some pix? ... Cheers, Unc

Way to go Shep!

Glad both of you guys were able to get a nug :)

Cya at the next outing.

Tom H.

Steve, the patch is called the "Joe No Shoulders" patch because a diamond back rattler showed it to me ... Late one afternoon about 5 or so years ago, I was puttin' up the road on my ATV and saw the snake slowly crossing the road in front of me ... I stopped closed to it and just watched it and talked to it ... The rattler finally made it up off the edge of the road and up the bank ... As I watched, it crawled across a very old header pile that I'd been driving past for years, as had everyone else ... I hopped of my scooter and started exploring the area around the pile ... Turned out there was a large number of header piles on two ends of an acre-sized flat ... Started beeping it with my trusty ol' Baboo 2100 and right away hit a nice dwt nugget ... I hunted the patch for several days and pulled about 10 or so nuggets with the largest being about 3+ dwt ... Below are pix of some of them.... I'm glad my pointy finger worked out for Shep & Tom! ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-47504700-1362768978_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-96075100-1362769072_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-77927800-1362769131_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-12127200-1362769197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uncle Ron

Met up w/ Tommy at weekly pool game and got pics. Mine weighed abit more than I thought at 1/2 dwt, Tommy's came in at 1.2 dwt. But as they say, it all adds up!

Had a great time out there as did Tommy. His first found nugget! i love the desert, the food is better than any found in any indoor place, but the comraderie is what makes it so special. Hearing the stories, good and bad (and all are good!) for this ol farts ears. Would really like to think that in 20-30 years, Adam and Boulderdash and Dillion could sit around a campfire and tell some of the stories they heard to their grandchildren and have many more; but afraid others have different plans for our pleasure, hobby and what have you, and so may not be.

Threw in some wildlife pics also. Thought I had some of the burros but not. One pic is of the famous Jackass at Jackass Flats and the other of a 1/2 curl Ram seen last trip to Q.

Shep

post-58-0-10054900-1362795185_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-35826700-1362795208_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-84317600-1362795240_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-34711100-1362795261_thumb.jpg

Nice pics of some very nice gold.

Speaking of "wildlife", see if you can pick out the animal in this pic I had from Q. Pretty durned' spooky if you ask me...

Patrick .....

post-23679-0-12319200-1362795889_thumb.j

Edited by Patrick in Havasu

I agree that he is a bit scarey but with tranquilizer in hand he is rendered harmless. That is if you don't get between him and a gold nugget.

Old Tom

Steve, the patch is called the "Joe No Shoulders" patch because a diamond back rattler showed it to me ... Late one afternoon about 5 or so years ago, I was puttin' up the road on my ATV and saw the snake slowly crossing the road in front of me ... I stopped closed to it and just watched it and talked to it ... The rattler finally made it up off the edge of the road and up the bank ... As I watched, it crawled across a very old header pile that I'd been driving past for years, as had everyone else ... I hopped of my scooter and started exploring the area around the pile ... Turned out there was a large number of header piles on two ends of an acre-sized flat ... Started beeping it with my trusty ol' Baboo 2100 and right away hit a nice dwt nugget ... I hunted the patch for several days and pulled about 10 or so nuggets with the largest being about 3+ dwt ... Below are pix of some of them.... I'm glad my pointy finger worked out for Shep & Tom! ... Cheers, Unc

Thanks for the story. Always enjoy them. That's some nice gold too...

Steve