Nugget Shooter Forums
Roundhouseman

My first nugget

I found my first nugget today. It is a small one weighing .100g. It round and smaller than a BB. Still a good feeling to finally find one!

Way to go! Not to ask for any secrets spots, but where abouts did you find it? I remember the feeling of getting my first nugget at the Red Chispa Claim up near Ridgecrest, and it stll makes me want to get out there and find some more.

Paul

White Hills,AZ....35°44'17.02"N 14°23'50.90"W.....in White Elephant Wash 1993 or 94 ( :old:) CRS...

using a Minelab XT17000...... .3 grams....one hour after a thick slice of Ham....two over easy...coffee...

wheat toast....grape jelly at Roses Den Restaurant....yum yum :4chsmu1:

Hey Don did ya know Rosies burnt down to the ground ???

Congrats on the first!

Congratulations on your first piece of Gold!

Way to go! The Red Chispa has shown a lot of people their first nugget. A couple weeks ago I gave a guy a quick lesson on the Gold Bug Pro and within 30 minutes he walked back over to show me 2 small nuggets he found... said I should have charged more for the free lesson. lol

Hope to see you out there or at a PCSC meeting sometime.

Thanks everyone. I was using my ATGold with a 4.5" coil. It was in cemented gravel in the wall of a hole that was already started. The wife still needs to find one with her Gold Bug Pro. We joined the PCSC a few weeks ago and will try to attend the meeting on the 15th. We will try & go back out next week end again.

A hearty congratulations from a guy that took over 5 years to find his first detected nugget

The wife & I have been detecting for 20 years or so but only have been serious for Gold detecting for @ a year. We've been out to Dale many times only to come home with a little extra dirt and lead.

Congrats....the first one is the hardest !! More to come for you....in the future. Keep it up, and never give up.

We out yesterday and found 5 more. The largest is .254grams. All five total is .494grams. I'll post a few pictures later. :-)

Good job Steve!!! glad to hear you got some nugg!! 5 more?! you got it figured out now :head:

Your killin' me Steve. I'm stuck working and you're finding nuggets. Congratz again!

We out yesterday and found 5 more. The largest is .254grams. All five total is .494grams. I'll post a few pictures later. :-)

Sweet!

Glad your finding more. That will "tune" your ears at hearing them.

Congrats.

Tom H.

We went out Saturday & Sunday. I found three small ones (.094g) on Saturday and five (.65g) on Sunday. I really like the ATGold detector, easy to use and it finds very small pieces. Met some nice people out there too!

Nice nuggets! The gold at Red Chispa has a certain tint of color to it...beautiful!

Save me some.

Paul