Nugget Shooter Forums

Keene DW212 ?

SGTFDA

The unit I bought is the older gray one. I had 2 questions. The other drywashers I have has a support screen under the cloth on the tray. On this unit no support screen under the cloth and looks like it was designed that way. If you have the older DW2 is that how your tray is set up? The other question. There is 3 holes on the support bar that you use to adjust the tray height. Which do you find you use more often?

The unit I bought is the older gray one. I had 2 questions. The other drywashers I have has a support screen under the cloth on the tray. On this unit no support screen under the cloth and looks like it was designed that way. If you have the older DW2 is that how your tray is set up? The other question. There is 3 holes on the support bar that you use to adjust the tray height. Which do you find you use more often?

i dont think that it is that much older the first ones i used 7 or 8 years ago were pure black i think the mottled gray ones are pretty new on the list . . ..and the grey one im using now the fabric is streched tight and glued to every riffle as it crosses it seems that it only has to hold up a cup and a half of dirt and black sands at a time no need to have anything else holding it up . . . . . . and right where the dirt first falls from the sheet metal onto the fabric i have glued two pyraimad shape of just glue in a pyramid shape to allow the dirt a little time to spread out father before the air hits it . . . . . when i was doing it the dirt was blowing right out of the riffles onto the sides so the triangle shapes slowed it down on the first riffle

Thanks Grumpy. I did a test run with it today with some dirt I had that was dry. Threw in 10 pieces of copper wire of various shapes in the dirt bucket and panned out 11 when I was done. Keene told me it was a newer unit do I got a better deal than I thought.

Nope Frank I have the older black one and was told that it was better for moist soil because it being black absorbs more heat than the light gray ones :evil1: Im leaving mine home-dirt is to wet :grr01: Lon and I are doing some secret recon work :brows: Mike C... :200:

Mike I talked to Keene today. They said they stopped making them in black because the hot sun was warping the fiberglass just like that black hat you wear. Ha!