Nugget Shooter Forums

Georgia Nugget Auction!!!

Au Seeker

Edit: I going to end the auction on Friday 03-01-2013 at 5:00 PM Arizona time, which will be 3:00 PM EST.

I'm going to do an auction for a Georgia nugget donated by a gentleman prospector in Virginia, all proceeds will go directly to Bill either directly or via the GPX 5000 raffle, I wanted to use the auction money to purchase some of the GPX 5000 raffle tickets from Rob Allison so the ticket numbers would go to the gentleman that donated the nugget, I still may do that if the auction ends before the Raffle ends.

That being said here's the story of how the nugget was donated, I posted the raffle info on a gold forum in Virginia,,,VaGold forum, several members there purchased tickets for the raffle to help out Bill and his family, Jeff the gentleman prospector A.K.A AuHunter purchased a couple of tickets, and would've purchased more but 2 was all he could afford but he offered to donate the nugget because he wanted so badly to help since he has been through much of the same with members of his family as Bill, Barb and Mikala's are in their situation, I received the nugget today.

There's a cool story about where and how he found this nugget and I will quote the story from him.

"...I found it in a creek about twenty miles north west of Atlanta GA. The creek is just behind a crime ridden apartment complex, so I got a lot of funny looks when I was there but also had the chance to talk to and teach a couple of thugs about prospecting and conservation. When I left they were in the creek with some pie pans having a good time instead of selling poison on the corner. Not only did I find some gold that day but hopefully helped a couple of guys to think about what they do and how it affects others. We also cleaned up two bags of trash. This is not the strangest place I've found gold but its definitely in the top ten...."

That the story of this special nugget, it not all that big, it weights 0.7 grams and is a beautiful little nugget, and Georgia's gold in known for being high in purity, usually above 92% gold or higher, I think the story on how and where it was found bring the value up much higher than a normal nugget, and now the fact that it will help Bill and his family make it even more of a special nugget.

So don't be shy, let see how much we can raise for this special little nugget!!!

Here are a few pictures of the nugget, the shape of the nugget is triangular, size of the nugget is about 1/4" on all 3 sides and about 1/16" + thick.

I going to start the auction off at $25, so come on guys step up and let see what this little beauty will bring for Bill and his family!!!

I'm not going to set a end time for the auction just yet, but I will end it by the middle of next week so I will have time to maybe get Jeff a few more raffle ticket numbers for his generosity!!! "See edit at the top of this post for the auction ending time"

The auction winner can pay via PayPal directly to me and I will get the money to the Bank of America account that Rob started in Bill's name, if the auction winner doesn't want to or can't do PayPal I'll work out a payment method that works for all.

post-10941-0-10666500-1361492445_thumb.j

post-10941-0-07880300-1361492464_thumb.j

post-10941-0-12766900-1361492481_thumb.j

Miss those Georgia pickers. Pure and purty.

I'm quite sure I know the creek he described-- surprising what comes out of those little creeks that sprawl has done a number on.

I'll see what I can swing.

You all now know why my community paid me to leave Pennsylvania when I retired.

Guys were ready for the next bid. It's not what the nugget is worth but what it's for! Plus if you win you can think up your own name for it. Hmmmm got you thinking.

You all now know why my community paid me to leave Pennsylvania when I retired.

Guys were ready for the next bid. It's not what the nugget is worth but what it's for! Plus if you win you can think up your own name for it. Hmmmm got you thinking.

Thanks for your bids Frank and MacGump!!

MacGump, don't worry, if you win the auction the nugget will get to you!!

I going to end the auction on Friday at 5:00 PM Arizona time, which will be 3:00 PM EST.

This will give a few minutes to use the money to purchase a few more of the GPX 5000 raffles tickets in Jeff's name so he'll have few more chances at the Minelab for his generous donation.

My name is Harvey Patton I have been a member on this forum since 05. I will bid 100.00 dollars. If I win my wife said she could send it paypal. Mabye someone will bid higher. ( Tracer forum name) Harvey

Harvey and Frank, Thank you for your bids!!! :thumbsupanim

The auction will end today at 5:00 PM Arizona time, which will be 3:00 PM EST.

I had a typo in the ending time in prior posts, in which the Arizona time and EST were the same, the typos have been corrected, EDIT: OOPS, I guess I still didn't get it right :grr01::tisk-tisk:, see my next post below!!.

The Auction it still on going, sorry about any confusion due to my error :idunno: in calculating the time difference for Arizona time and EST :89::confused0089[1]: , the end time is 5:00 PM Arizona time which is 7:00 PM EST.

Sorry for the miscalculation! :tisk-tisk:

At this time Harvey is the high bidder @ $100.