Nugget Shooter Forums

Black Sand Question

Gaius

The info below is from another prospecting forum does anyone thoughts about this? I have kept black sand in the past but only as a novelty item. And I do not know what they are referring to with PMs or Tnet.

"Keep your black sands! Yesterday at the outing some of us were talking about "black sands". Max and I mentioned that there are
PMs in those sands depending on the area they are pulled from. I went back over to Tnet this morning to find the topic that discussed it and found a miner from Canada who posted one of his black sands assay reports. It's well worth the read so have a look.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-... -sand.html

FYI, black sands, depending on the area they come from can contain gold, silver and I think platinum and palladium."

The info below is from another prospecting forum does anyone thoughts about this? I have kept black sand in the past but only as a novelty item. And I do not know what they are referring to with PMs or Tnet.

"Keep your black sands! Yesterday at the outing some of us were talking about "black sands". Max and I mentioned that there are

PMs in those sands depending on the area they are pulled from. I went back over to Tnet this morning to find the topic that discussed it and found a miner from Canada who posted one of his black sands assay reports. It's well worth the read so have a look.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-... -sand.html

FYI, black sands, depending on the area they come from can contain gold, silver and I think platinum and palladium."

Gaius,

I think they mean't to say PGMs (Platinum Group Metals) and in that group are some of the Rare Earth metals as well, Tnet is Treasurenet forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_group

That being said, yes some blacksand as mentioned do have PGMs depending on the location they came from, as well as other valuable metals, but it would take a lot of blacksands and the ability to process them, transport to a refiner, etc. to make it worth while to stockpile them.

Skip

I have a question......

Based on the assay. it was saying there should be 2449 grams of gold per ton..roughly...

If you had only 10 lbs.

that is saying there should be 12.245 grams in your 10 lbs.... ??? am I reading and caculating this corrrectly ??

That's correct, sound like it's a GOLD MINE, start digging!!!!! :Diggin_a_hole:

That is the richest assay I think I have ever read :confused0089[1]: , but if you didn't take many samples from a wide spread area and only a small part of each sample added together to send in for assay, your assay of the area maybe off by a lot and not representative of the area, the assay would only be for the small hole you dug to get the sample and you possibly hit a small pocket of gold!!