Nugget Shooter Forums

Barb Fant Southern fundraiser

SGTFDA

Rob at nuggethunting.com is having a raffle to raise funds to help with Barb Fant Southern's medical expenses. Several prizes including a new Minelab

Kick in and help out. Bill if you remove this post ill give you a kick you know where !

• Like 1

I second that . Bill has done a lot for people with out want , and it is time to sit back and take in the love you need it , so buck up on that pride, us men have a hard time with that but it is a good lesson to help compleate us in this world,, take care brother, best of luck in this tragic situation . LOve you brother

• Like 1

Could someone please post the details of the raffle? I am not a forum member of the other forum.

Thank you...

Jim

Tickets are $25 each.

(1) You can go to any Bank of America bank in the US and deposit the funds directly into this account # - 457020655606 This account was set up today 2-12-13 strickly for this fund and will be closed when the raffle ends and a Cashier's Check will be written to Bill directly.

(2) Send a check payable to "Bill Southern" to this mailing address -

Rob's Detector Sales

PO Box 8926

Surprise, AZ 85374

You don't need a account to look at Robs site
www.nuggethunting.com

Edited by Au Seeker to remove PayPal links per request by Rob Allison

Thanks Frank!

In a hurry, I went to that sight and did not find anything on it about the raffle.

Jim

In the past I spent a lot of time treasure hunting with detectors. Did not have a clue on how to go about nugget shooting. I turned to Bill. He did not let me down even though I'm sure it was the last thing he felt like doing at the time. We were back at one of his spots standing in the middle of a wash. He told me to check the spot under his foot. He picked up a signal and wanted to teach me what a nugget sounded like. I went over the spot with my 2000 mod and wam! 3" down a nugget. Bill said" you found it its yours". Thus the under Bills foot nugget came to being. This nugget means more to me than any of my other possessions. It's time for the Under Bills Foot Nugget to go home. If you win the Minelab 5000 I will send you this nugget so you have a special test nugget.

Bill you know I can never thank you enough!

post-384-0-65557800-1360789605_thumb.jpg

Could someone please post the details of the raffle? I am not a forum member of the other forum.

Thank you...

Jim

Jim,

Here's a link to the topic on Rob's forum, I will also copy and paste the first post with all the info below.

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9892#entry68336

Quote:

"Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hello All,

Well this morning I was scanning the Interent gold forums and happen to run across a very touching post. The post was about a fellow, local Minelab dealer here in Arizona that was struck with tragic news. This really touched me personally since it was not only a local Minelab dealer, but a friend and old nugget hunting partner. I seen right way how everyone was willing to help and pray for his family. My first thought being a Cancer survivor myself, is what would happen if that was my family? Well Bill Southern, owner of the NuggetShooter Store in Morristown, Arizona was given bad news about his longtime wife having terminal cancer. This is news that none of us want to hear, so I can't even imagine what is going through his mind, let alone is wife and family.

You can read more about the news on Bill Southern's forum at this link - http://www.nuggetsho...showtopic=24086

After some thought and reading the post above, I knew not having insurance that the bills would be overwhelming, something that their family don't need to stress over. I contact my rep at Minelab Americas and asked for permission to run a raffle on a new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. All the funds collected will go directly to Bill Southern and Family. I think this is an awesome opportunity for everyone to help a Brother in need, but at the same time have a shot at winning one of the most powerful metal detectors on the planet.

Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket, no limit on amount of tickets. At the end of the raffle I would personally drive over to Bill's, deliver the funds and allow him to pick the winner of the new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

I felt this would be the quickest way to raise the most amount of money in a short time period.

I'm hoping you all feel the same and are able to at least help out in some way, even if it's just the power of prayer for Bill and his family.

How to Send Payment - $25 per ticket, no limit

(1) You can go to any Bank of America bank in the US and deposit the funds directly into this account # - 457020655606 This account was set up today 2-12-13 strickly for this fund and will be closed when the raffle ends and a Cashier's Check will be written to Bill directly.

Rob's Detector Sales

PO Box 8926

Surprise, AZ 85374

If you deposit funds into the B of A account, please email me so I can keep records of who deposited what to make sure you get your ticket numbers. You can email me at - auplacers@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Hoping we can raise as much as possible.

Rob Allison"

These are the two items I am donating to the Raffle for Bill's family...

the meteorite is fresh from Gold Basin and weighs 50.9 grams...

The speci I found a decision corner near Rich Hill and weighs 8.4 grams...I think there is close to a gram of gold in it...

prayers and best wishes to Bil's family

fred

post-378-0-55219000-1361374978_thumb.jpg

UPDATE!!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!!

Rob Allison just posted this concerning purchasing Raffle Tickets via PayPal to raise funds to help Bill and his family.

" Hello All,

Just an update, please don't send anymore payments to Paypal for the raffle. I was contacted by Paypal this evening and they said it's against their policy to accept donations for a raffle. They said if any transactions come through, I would have to refund them and write an email back to the person sending funds. I just wanted to spread the word, so if anyone has posted the information for paypal, please try to remove it so it don't hold up any funds for this raffle.

Thanks!

Rob Allison"

I have edited the above post to remove the PayPal links.

Funds can still be transferred or deposited via the Bank Of America account or by check.

Skip

"... Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket, no limit on amount of tickets. At the end of the raffle I would personally drive over to Bill's, deliver the funds and allow him to pick the winner of the new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

I felt this would be the quickest way to raise the most amount of money in a short time period.

I'm hoping you all feel the same and are able to at least help out in some way, even if it's just the power of prayer for Bill and his family.

Grand Prize -

• Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector - From Minelab Americas & Rob's Detector Sales

• Carbon Fiber Shaft - From Accuturn MFG/Herb Browning

• GPX 5000 DVD - From Jonathan Porter

Other Prizes -

• Gold Specimen - Fred Mason

• Meteorite - Fred Mason

• (2) GPX 5000 DVD's - Jonathan Porter

• (3) Detector Hipsticks - Chris Porter - Nevada Chris

How to Send Payment - $25 per ticket, no limit

Rob's Detector Sales

PO Box 8926

Surprise, AZ 85374

If you deposit funds into the B of A account, please email me so I can keep records of who deposited what to make sure you get your ticket numbers. You can email me at - auplacers@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Raffle End Date - is Friday March 1st @ 7pm Arizona time. After that date, I will no longer except Paypal or Bank Deposits to the account.

Hoping we can raise as much as possible.

Rob Allison"

Well, I just checked my PP acount and they processed several days a go ... so what are they going to do? PayPal stepped on their wienies on this one ... I sure hope the $$ got transferred to Bill through Rob ... Let me knw... Cheers, Unc

For anyone concerned about if you PayPal donation is good, get in touch with Rob via his email address if you are in doubt and he can see if your PayPal donation is good, send him a copy of your PayPal confirmation so he can find the info faster, he said all donations through PayPal prior to around 7:00 pm 02-20-13 should be fine, all donations up until that time were transferred into the special account at Bank Of America,

Rob's email address... auplacers@yahoo.com

Skip

Thanks for taking the links out Skip, I was not on much yesterday and just got an email from Rob requesting all links be removed and was just now going to remove them....

Hi Ron, Skip posted this in another section http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24173

Seems like it is easier to just donate direct to Bill and Barb......it's about them, not a detector. Just my 2 cents. But, at the same time it's a great thing that Minelab and Rob are trying to accomplish, too bad it got messed up.

Seems like it is easier to just donate direct to Bill and Barb......it's about them, not a detector. Just my 2 cents. But, at the same time it's a great thing that Minelab and Rob are trying to accomplish, too bad it got messed up.

Who ever wins it should be super excited! Kudo's to Minelab for helping out, They should benefit from the exposure and excitement this generates for the GPX 5000. As well as Rob & RobsDetectors.com.

This is just another reason I will always buy Mine Lab products. And buy them from established dealers such as Rob and Bill.

This has been the worst year money wise for my wife and I ever. That being said we do have one thing ...our health. I will support this effort as nuch as I can. I have also spread the word through our local club RT66. I hope they will respond. http://route66goldminers.freeforums.org/a-fellow-prospector-in-need-of-help-t1149.html

Also hope Rob will not get mad with me about copying and pasting his post.

Bill my thoughts and prayers are with you and you wife.

Dan Taylor

RT66 Gold Miners INC.

Brea Ca.

This has been the worst year money wise for my wife and I ever. That being said we do have one thing ...our health. I will support this effort as nuch as I can. I have also spread the word through our local club RT66. I hope they will respond. http://route66goldminers.freeforums.org/a-fellow-prospector-in-need-of-help-t1149.html

Also hope Rob will not get mad with me about copying and pasting his post.

Bill my thoughts and prayers are with you and you wife.

Dan Taylor

RT66 Gold Miners INC.

Brea Ca.

Dan,

Thanks for your help, I can assure you that Rob with not mind at all, just make sure it's the Updated version and doesn't have any PayPal links in it!! :thumbsupanim

Skip

Dan,

Everything looked good in your post, you may want to go over to Rob's forum and copy the link to the original topic at his forum as well and include it in your post.

Here's a link to Rob's topic over at his forum, you'll need to click on the link and then copy it once you get to Rob's topic at his forum, it most likely not copy correctly directly from this reply and thus not be an active link that can be clicked on.

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9892

Skip

Howdy friends

And we're sending off our check for the raffle today over to Rob. If you win the prize or not ... we have all won here by helping out some very dear friends in their time of need.

All our best and continued prayers and thoughts.

kat and johnno

Count me in on this one...I will deposit tomorrow in the account at BofA....also email Rob and Let him Know the amount...so sorry to hear this news Bill and my Prayers are with you and Barb

Edited by jet521

• 2 weeks later...

An update from Rob Allison, the drawing with be today at 1:00 Arizona time!!

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9893&page=3#entry68746

"Hey Guys,

Just an update, I'm meeting with Bill Southern tomorrow around 1pm to do the GPX 5000 drawing. I will post the results of the drawing tomorrow evening. There will be a new Minelab GPX 5000 owner by tomorrow night!!! ohmy.png"