Nugget Shooter Forums

PATENTING MINING CLAIMS

http://archive.gao.gov/d15t6/138159.pdf

Link above works, maybe you have a pop-up blocker on?

I attached it as a pdf file, if you cannot open the link.

Link below explains how BLM killed the patenting process.

http://www.doi.gov/solicitor/opinions/M-36990.pdf

PATENTING GAO REPORT.pdf

Edited by elder-miner

A friend of mine last year just helped a fella in Oregon with his prudent man ruling and patents that were already in the works are FINALLY being finished off. Taken almost 10 years on this one,talk about foot draggn' time wow. Sis sic moratorium is so stinkn' illegal but now the norm when dealing with miners rights that are treated now as wrongs...sic sic sic :idunno: John

I agree that the GAO report is pure BS,and here is my thoughts! :old:

The budget is only a sham excuse at best. They still have all the people and records to

handle any patent process. They collect enough fees to pay for patenting too. The BLM

and Forest Service do land exchanges, sales ,and leases on a regular basis,plus they still

have a staff to do mineral surveys,and tests.

The key words in the report are that the surface remains under federal control. Hence they

can keep claimants from ever developing any claims at will,or discourage development.

If I could patent my claims,I would be mining them. Once you have control over the surface

as in private land,you can dig or trench without their blessing. You can actually live on site

and do what needs to be done without asking or waiting. Owning the surface and mineral

rights means that you don't have to keep looking over your shoulder or second guessing,

some federal agency. It means security in your investment,and work.

If these people were sincere in their worry about patents being filed for purposes other than

mining there is a simple solution. They could stipulate that if and when the land ever came

up for sale except for continued mining by another party,that the government had the option

of buying the land back at the price the patent holder originally paid.

You know, I own a 40 acre patent on the S Fork of the American River, own both sides of the river and I can't dredge it without becoming a criminal....... So much for doing what you want on a patent. The patent grants me the privilege to mine the land and it is even signed by a President!

El D, since you already own the patent, can't you still complete the requirements for outright ownership? :89:

El D, owns fee simple title to the land, the river pass's through.

At least for now, goofy CA law forbids suction dredge gold mining in all CA rivers.

Even if the river runs right through the private property you own outright.

I can't read and sure the LL do not obay them sobs--I'm game ifn' good gold. By the firey light of nightvision things do happen with amazing frequency bud, Sure was lousy gold at my claims at the horse park though. Stinkn' rapids there below Coloma let Fast Freddy kill Larry there, with insane peer pressure ,so I'll never set a foot on THAT cursed property again but.........-John

El D, owns fee simple title to the land, the river pass's through.

At least for now, goofy CA law forbids suction dredge gold mining in all CA rivers.

Even if the river runs right through the private property you own outright.

I'm just a little confused,...

When you own a Patented claim, is that the same as owning your home and property? :idunno:

I always thought that you had to comply with occupancy and improvements over a certain

period of time, like 5 or so years. :89:

So, if I were to buy a patented claim, would I be able to move on to the prop. and set up house,

maybe even "Homestead" for asset protection?

Can you clearify for me?

SP

yes, we own the land, mineral, timber and water rights, we can build on it if we choose. It is private property, but since it is a patent, it comes with many rights other land does not have and is exempt from mant county issues. I just cannot dredge it anymore. Friggin California new 49'r cancer

Edited by El Dorado