Nugget Shooter Forums

Detecting post ...Sorta

adam

Headed to Palm Springs for a charity bike ride. The Tour de Palm Springs is a huge event and alot of fun.

Dont even get me started on all the babes that were there ...omg ! :brows:

I rode 25 miles for the Make a Wish foundation.

Me just past the finish line...

TourdePalmSprings_zpse1c81bcc.jpg

Of course , I`m not going all that way without my beeper, so on the way back I stopped in the Q for a little detecting. Wouldnt you know it, I managed to get over this 4.8 grain clunkster :head: A Gold Bug II nugget. Couldnt get over another piece for the life of me :idunno: , so I headed on home. :cry2:

DSC05604_zps15d90410.jpg

DSC05605_zps1c9e9950.jpg

Adam ... That little nugget is your payment for paying forward with the charity ride. I did those for 15 years back east ... mostly 2 day rides ranging from 40 miles to 100 miles for the two days. Ceratinly makes you tired after the ned of the 2nd day but knowing you just made a great contribution to the 'cause' takes most of the pain away. Nice nugget! Congrats on both counts.

Mike F

Missed you at Q, but glad you you made your bike run and found a bit of gold to boot! I was on a run, till following Patrick around :ROFL: Till the next time, Shep

Pretty cool that you did that for charity.
Glad you were able to find a nug too! :)
Tom H.

:4chsmu1:

Dam youngster. You look like you only rode 20 feet !!

The pick of me crossing the finish line would have me in a gurney.

Patrick .....

Ha ha Patrick I hear ya man... :ROFL:

25 miles was to easy for me though, and I regret not choosing a longer ride. My brother `n law and a cousin & friend did the 100 mile in about 6 hours, but they ride road bikes, and I dont have one.

Missed you at Q, but glad you you made your bike run and found a bit of gold to boot! I was on a run, till following Patrick around :ROFL: Till the next time, Shep

Ya Shep , maybe next time. I really wanted you to see that pick. Last minute desision put me over by middlecamp...time was limitted. :head:

Don't have a clue what a road bike is.....unless it's also called a "motor bike" then me and Patrick could

join you folks.....thanks for doing the charity ride....

I found a video with Don in it and it looks like he's been practicing his motorbike skills so he can keep up with Adam in the next Charity Ride!!!

http://youtu.be/3575H7cMctE

Hey Don ... You really don't know what a road bike is? Hmmm ... Best way i can describe it is a very light weight skinny tired bike that flips you off when you bounce over the RR tracks as you're speeding downhill on a paved road at about 45 MPH and blows out your tire(s) at the same time. You can't ride a road bike in the dirt either so be sure not to ride off the pavement onto a soft shoulder unless you like going over the handlebars.Now by skinny tire I am talking a tire that is about a half to three quarters of an inch across the middle that leaves a pencil thin contact line on the paved surface and has about 90-100 lbs of pressure in it's tubless structure. Remember Lance Armstrong ... the Tour de France ... most of the rides those 'roadies' were on are the bikes we are talking about. On the other hand a 'mountain' bike has a wider tire probably closer to 2" or more across, weighs a bit more and is easily riden on the dirt or across rocky surfaces with it's typical knobby tire. I've always riden a mountain bike in my adult years just changing the knobby tires for off road to a smoother ribbed street tire when doing the charity rides on pavement. For me the 18 speeds of my mountain bike and the beefier tires give me a lot more stabilty albeit a bit lower than a typical 'roadie' bike ... but at least I get there ... can't say I necessarily would on a roadie.

Mike F

Seeker ... That is a crazy man's ride on that rim ... especially with the snow too! :nutty::old:

i've walked the "knife edge" across Mt.Katahdin in Maine and that is scary enough ... but to ride it would be suicide! :idunno:

Mike F

Hey Skip, Mike, and Patrick I didn't mean for that video to get out :nutty: I've done some crazy things but I

draw the line between crazy/stupid......I wouldn't drive a bulldozer down that trail....

Be careful Patrick I'll be riding a Rokon with a trailer full of ice/beer....

When you watch Skip's video click some of the links and look for the one that says

"corps in elevator" it's shot down here and a lot of the folks here are that supersticious....

get rid of the coffee first....