Nugget Shooter Forums

OK Gold Bug 2 or Gold Bug Pro

gtxkid

Pros Cons

Yea i am back and determined to get me a detector bought.

Have Searched CL EBAY all over the net.

Is the Gold Bug Pro worth the extra cash.

I am going to us up in the Colorado Rocky Mnt.

Screen is not important to me on the Gold Bug Pro

Does one go deeper than the other or what.

I had a place store down here wanting to sell me a

NEW Whites GMT for 700.00 just so i would not buy a Fisher.

Maybe i should of bought it.

Well look what i found.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm#.URnDOY6jLEm

Yes i need to ask him so i can finally put this to rest.

Edited by gtxkid

In my research most have said that the biggest upside to the pro over the GB2 is a little deeper depth(but less sensitive to small gold) and it is less sensitive to mineralization. This is hearsay and research, not on the ground experience with both. Supposedly if you have a really good PI then the GB2 or GBP could be a great cheap pinpointer, but who am I to tell ya...the profassionals abound here.

Dizz

Edit, Also the GBP supposedly has a better iron disc.

Edited by Dizzo

Dizz, I think that you are right on in your analysis of the GB2 and Pro. I use the GBP and follow up behind my son who uses the Mine Lab 5000. He locates and I dig, but you don't want to get too close as they both interfere with one another. Many of the digs I will have to scrape a bit off the target before I will get a good signal. Once in the hole the pro is a real pro but I wonder just how many good targets I have passed up.

Another thing about the GBP is the drainage on the one 9v battery. It goes real fast and I find that only the top half of the battery is really good for signals. The bottom half gets fuzzy and acts like before you balance it. The display screen draws a lot of juice but it helps in mineralized areas. I also have the GB2 but mostly use the Pro, its easier for me. Good luck on your choice.

Old Tom

I don't want to rain on your parade sincerly. :2mo5pow:
But IMHO if I were looking at buying 1 VLF detector to nuggetshoot with it would be the Whites GMT.
Forget the display screen on it you don't need it. After you get acquainted with the detector you will use it though, it has many purposes.,
I have used them all and I consider it to get better depth, it is also super sensitive to tiny nugs, and its a meteorite whordog to boot and can be used for coin shoots , coin and relic hunting etc etc
If I had to choose only 1 ( one ) VLF no big learning curve either.
Oh Yeah forgot to mention, you can detect in auto tracking OR Manual tune to each situation dual modes.
The manual mode is especially great to have access to after you become aquainted with it. :old:

Man i read a lot over the last week and here is a good link if anyone is interested.

It give's a short description on a lot of detectors all tested by the same guy that has been using them out in the real world for years.

I feel he is right on when it come's to what he say's because i have the same feedback information coming from people like you that confirm it.

Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm#.URnDOY6jLEm

Edited By Au Seeker: Per Copyright owner's request

Yea Frank you are right on and that is why i am on the fence with this deal GB2 or GMT, i like what i have been told about the GMT, i like it a lot.

Edited By Au Seeker: Per Copyright owner's request

Please delete my clearly copyrighted information. I am flattered you are reading it and I am glad it helps you (I hope) but it clearly says do not copy or repost without my express permission. I update the stuff regularly and do not want out of date parts pieces floating around out of my control.

I am a Gold Bug 2 guy myself but I am very, very aware a GMT and Gold Bug Pro will pull nuggets up much deeper. The GB2 is a very sensitive but shallow depth sniper. Between the GMT and Gold Bug Pro it is pretty much a matter of whether you want multi-use (GBP) or dedicated (GMT).

This is seriously hair splitting stuff. I have a Gold Bug 2 and a Gold Bug Pro and I am considering getting another GMT. They are all great detectors.

Steve Herschbach

Edited by Steve Herschbach

Ho Problem.

How do i do that.

I can not see where i can edit it.

Kid ... Just request that the moderator edit your post to accommadate Steve's very legitimate request. The moderator will then review the post and cut out Steve's copyrighted info.

Mike F

Thanks

That is what i did.

I just like to share and sometime's too much.

Yeah and really I am not upset or anything. I am happy you even read the thing after all the two finger typing I put in! But I do like it to all stay put in one spot. I am sure Bill will fix it - thanks.

True story is now that I am retiring to be a prospector I need a little income wherever I can scrape it up. That website is going to get packed with more and more info, and part of the reason is to generate a little income off Google Ads. So the content is worth a little money to me. And I am going to get my posterior in gear writing for the ICMJ and maybe a book or two. So I have to keep an eye on all that two finger typing as it might pay my utility bill!

Edited by Steve Herschbach

Yea i am pretty excited and funny thing is i was on it when you sent me the e-mail still trying to decide.

Main focus was just gold in the Colorado rocky m but you have narrowed it down for me so i will be able to also use it when i return to FL.

Thanks

Well i jump ship and going to order MXT Pro with both the 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers.

Found this deal a guy has on a new never used for $775.00.

Going to think on it a little but WOW what a deal.

Will work in Colorado Rocky mnt's and FL beach.

For my first one i am excited.

Thanks Guys

Found a lot of gold with the MXT in relic mode hunting the trash littered areas…… when it squeaks like a goose it a non ferrous target.

For you two finger authors ……

Dragon Naturally Speaking. You talk it types .

It takes a fast CPU ( Dual quad core) but it's a must have for me with all the RSI.

It even works posting this….

WOW That sound COOL.

I am excited.

I do have an older version Dragon and would love to get it going.