Nugget Shooter Forums

55 buckets

boulder dash

Did a little work at the load mine. Ran a total of 55 five gallon buckets in 4 days. Ran all of it thru the 151 drywasher. People who think drywashers do not catch fines there is some crazy fine gold. Total was 14.9 grams.

Nice!!!

I have a question about the dry washer picture. I see most of the gold at the bottom of the rug. Is that normal? It would tend to make me worry that the gold is getting past most of the capture area and would think it should be in the upper 1/3 of the capture area. Only spent a day in my life with a dry washer, so know nothing about it really. Just curious.

55 buckets - Man, that is a lot of work! My hat is off to you!

Jim

Jim it is not a picture of my drywasher but of my concentrates in a gold cube. It sure seems to catch most in the upper areas. A lot never made it to the mat a gram or two was just below the dirty water line. 55 buckets was just about 2 tons of rock I put thru the mill and drywasher.

55 buckets was just about 2 tons of rock I put thru the mill and drywasher.

Have you ran a bucket of your tailings through the gold cube just to see if anything's in that? Or you could use some other method of wet recovery. Hate to see you go through all that and possibly lose some good gold in the process just running though a dry washer.. Might want to check.

Steve

55 buckets would just about kill my ol'back at this time but nice gnarly rough lookn' fine gold. As a avid ol'school drywasher designer & addict I can attest to fine gold recovery of drywashers when run properly and youngn' ya got it right by god!!!!John :old:

Have you ran a bucket of your tailings through the gold cube just to see if anything's in that? Or you could use some other method of wet recovery. Hate to see you go through all that and possibly lose some good gold in the process just running though a dry washer.. Might want to check.

Steve

Yes I have checked my tailings. I loose about 5% of my gold over the end. Of the gold lost by weight it is only 1-2% all of the gold is super duper fine around 300 mesh and below. All drywashers loose gold I just get the easy stuff. I run really slow and just a bit above idle so my fine gold stays in the box. Also I wrap plastic around my box to keep the wind from blowing away the treasure.

Het great runnin into you today.
It was kind of a screwed up day for me babysittin Mikeie an gettin him out in the field.
Turned up an old bullet in the big wash on the way back to the truck.
You sure are puttin in the effort on that jobsite yer runnin out there, wishin you the best and keep in touch we'll be at the basin this weekend.

Het great runnin into you today.

It was kind of a screwed up day for me babysittin Mikeie an gettin him out in the field.

Turned up an old bullet in the big wash on the way back to the truck.

You sure are puttin in the effort on that jobsite yer runnin out there, wishin you the best and keep in touch we'll be at the basin this weekend.

Yes Frank it was good to meet you again. Hope I did not scare you when I pulled up while you were detecting. It is an intetesting area out there. Did happen to find a few specimens by eye sight let me see if I can post it. No detecting was used..

post-1498-0-68221200-1360938831_thumb.jp