Nugget Shooter Forums

Goin' freekin' nuts here,...

Steel Pan

Seriously, if I can't get out of the house soon I'm gonna burst a bubble.

So much gov't folly and related issues are really drivin' me up the wall. :barnie:

Not gettin on anybody's case, I just really need a change of pace. :th_rain-umbrella:

I am just about ready to grab my pan and go sit in the gutter out in front of the house. :th_panic:

I thought about goin' up on Peavine Mt. just outside of Reno, I live about 2 miles from there,

but I don't know where the GPAA claim is up there and I don't want to trespass. :kap:And as near as I can tell, it ain't marked. :2mo5pow: I don't wanna join their club either. I got a bad taste when it comes to clubs, I won't go into that, it's just a personal thing.

Phil says summer is commin' soon, well I am def ready. :hiker:

I live in an ancient lake bed, far from any "known" Gold deposits.

I am thinkin' of hittin' a few of the draws in the surrounding mountains though.

Prefer running water but there ain't none and the ground is too wet to dry pan.

Might just go get a few 5 gal buckets to bring home, oh ya, and note just where I got 'em,

just in case I do find somethin'.

Now that I'm thinkin' about it, I just may have some possibilities near by. :89:

What am I thinkin' :tisk-tisk: , I'm a prospector, and what do prospectors do? They prospect!!! :Diggin_a_hole:

Tommorrow mornin' I'm headin' West to the Peterson Range on the atv, it needs an outing too. :brows:

Maybe I'll be able to test out my new winch cable. :4chsmu1:

O.K., I'm feelin' a little bit better, but I'm still at least 2 months away from bein' able to hit my claim. :cry2:

LOL! Yea Make a Note.

I had a Bucket of dirt here for over a year.

Got about to the same point your at and panned it.

Got a 1/2 gram of some really Cool looking gold out of it.

Problem! I got a case of CRSS Can't Remember Schite Syndrone and no Idea where I Dug it from ... LOL

Sounds like Reno Park to me--head back into the canyon and look for arrowheads and they are there. Wadsworth placers have a bit a color,so does Lahonton but thats a definate no no as injums wampya. Mines and minerals of Nevada will set ya free but stay away from CC creek as Cartoon city cops will get ya...yep a long story. Dayston and Brunswick Canyon placers outta CC-east 50 prior to golf coarse right on BC road left at river and down to the RR crossing where Brunswick comes in good gold too, produce some nice pickers too. John ...

Ya John, now called Cold Springs.

The West slope of the Peterson Range produces Smokey Quarts,

but that area is heavily claimed. I do have a few samples from there

that my G-pa collected many, many years ago.

I have detected at an old mining site at the base of Anderson pass,

North side of 395, but didn't have any luck there. Just bits of scrap

metal, nothin' worth bringin' home. There was a mining community

called Copperton, I think, in the area. No trace left.

SP.... I had often looked at those prospects and wondered myself. There are also some prospects between Lemmon Valley and Antelope valley. Rumor also has it nuggets have been recovered with detectors between Golden Valley and Sun Valley.... That looks good to me, but all private property

Edited by El Dorado

Well, had a good ride, got about 3 gal of material that I'll pan later,

prob the next couple of days.

Just kinda stopped here and there taking samples from a couple of

draws and put in ice cream buckets.

Sure felt good to get outa the house. Dang cold weather has had me hold up.

Insulated coveralls and lined gloves were a big help.

Just can't handle the cold like when I was a young pup. :kap:

SP-Cooped up for 2 weeks sickr' than a dog but heading out asap this am. Yes as we get older the cold does require ya to be bolder as I layer up to go play today but I'll do anything to feel the sun on my back as early spring fling was lost. It's been low 70's and could NOT even sit in a window to get some sun as 3 antibiotics sent me to Scratchville when I screwed up. Get up and get out as winter comn' back here next week. John :old:

Ya John, it is good to get out.

Goin' to dump more snow on the claim next week.

It's a mixed blessing, more runoff and material movin' about,

but longer wait to get in. :cry2:

Edited by Steel Pan

Panned the samples today.

Found 4 very, very, VERY, small specks,

so yes, there is Gold out there. :yesss:

The hills around here are Granitic Plutons in a Horst and Grobbin

type of terrain.

I haven't seen any quartz at all. Some dikes of basalt I think.

Closer to town I have found "Pillow Lava" formations, on N. Virginia St.

I understand that copper was mined in the area

and they found a good amount of Gold with it. That was closer

to, and up on, Peavine Mt.

I just like lookin'. One thing I do like about Nevada, and Arizona too, the terrain

is like the Earth's skin was pulled back and exposed all the goodies underneath. :thumbsupanim

A bit of trivia history about the Peavine copper. It was used for a while in Reno plumbing till they found out it contained gold too. Rumor has it that a lot of the early plumbing was torn out to get the gold in it! I forget where I read that, but it is true......

A bit of trivia history about the Peavine copper. It was used for a while in Reno plumbing till they found out it contained gold too. Rumor has it that a lot of the early plumbing was torn out to get the gold in it! I forget where I read that, but it is true......

I believe that Reno Chris posted a similar story. I have no idea where to find the post.