Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtxkid

What is the differance between Gold Bug II and Gold Bug Pro II

I have a Gold Bug II that is several years old but i can buy it for 550.00.

Or should i just buy a new one.

I do not know what the difference is.

Just want to get the correct one.

Always hat to find out later i should of spent 100.00 more to get the right one.

Going to use it in the Colorado Rockies .

The Gold Bug 2 is much more sensitive to small gold than the GB Pro, GB2 is 71 KHZ and GBP is 19 KHZ. 550.00 is a pretty high price for a used one....

I have to agree with Bill on this one ... Sorry Bill! :) ... if you want the GB2 they are out there used for closer to $400 give or take.

Mike F

Hi all!

Gold Bug II's have been typically selling for $500 - $600 dollars. So $550 is right in there for being normal retail price for a GBII. Just went by a gold shop (new owner at the old Gold Miser store) in Quartzsite the other day to hand off some business cards and I believe I saw a used one in there for $550 or $600...can't remember.

All three of my GBII were used when I bought them. All worked fine. Fisher's service is pretty darn good if you ever have an issue with one.

Jim

jus sold one GB2--very lightly used as friend passed and family needed cash for costs,for $350 and thought that was a good price-John

For 500 for used I would go for a new Pro or even step up for the GB2...price is not always the main thing...

fred

I'd pay top dollar for a pre "First Texas" GB2. (05 if i remember right)

IMHO the new ones don't come close to the quality of the Fisher built units.

I'd pay top dollar for a pre "First Texas" GB2. (05 if i remember right)

IMHO the new ones don't come close to the quality of the Fisher built units.

I have both the new and the old GBII's. I've completely dis-assembled them, and I calibrate them myself to my coils. I know no one else doing this. I find very little difference between the older and newer units. The biggest change is they changed lower rods that attach the coil. So, I am curious as to what changes you see in quality?

Jim

I bought a GB 3 a couple of years back. Was that the GB Pro?

I fell in the stream and got the unit wet.

Sent it in to Fisher because it stopped working.

They sent me a new unit, a GB 4, at no cost, not even shipping.

Now, I don't know anything about the older units but I haven't had any issues

with the GB 4. ( so far, I'm still learning )

I am still a little confused on the different gold Bug units.

Could someone break it down. What is. GOOD: Gold Bug II Is much more sensitive than GB Pro

BETTER: Gold Bug II newer design????

BEST: Gold Bug Pro ????

Kid, these guys are seasoned pros that have found many nuggets and meteorites...for your beginniner purposes just buy what you want for the main thing you intend to use the detector for...you can think and study yourself right into a big ball of froth to no gain...

The differences for sensitivity for shallow gold are measured in Fractions of a GRAIN...there are 480 grains to an oz and 15.4 grains to a GRAM...there are 31.1 GRAMS to a troy OZ....

So don't worry be happy...get your detector and start learning..

good luck

fred

OK

He only used it one time and is new in the box.

I told him i would pay 500 for it and the headphone's.

Will wait and see what happen's

The last one on EBAY sold for 511.00.

And most i see are 500 or more.

Thanks Guys

What do you guys think of the White's MXT or GMT

He did not get back with me so i will continue my search.

I am in no hurry so i will keep looking for ((((Gold Bug II)))) but thought it might be better to have another one to look for too at the same time.

Info i found:

Many people do not know that the same engineer worked on both units. Dave Johnson was at Fisher when he had the major hand in designing the Gold Bug 2. And he was hired by White's many years later to work on the GMT, which is the newer of the two designs. The way I look at it one is not a Fisher and the other a White's - they are both Dave Johnson detectors. As is the Tesoro Lobo ST. Which is why I get a chuckle out of people doing the this brand versus that brand thing. They are more similar than they are different and in good hands you can't go wrong with any of them

The MXT and the GMT are both great detectors, but for gold I would go with the GMT, it's comparable to the Gold Bug II in detecting gold, you might also want to look at the GMZ, which is White's newest gold detector release, it's basically an entry level version of the GMT, it doesn't have all the features of the GMT but will detect gold just as well as the GMT, it's $300 less than the cost of a GMT and $400 less than a Gold Bug II.

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmz.html

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmt.html

Go to craigslist and forget sleezebay as way tooooooooooooooo expensive.John

NEW INFO

I sent e-mail to whites and asked if they were coming out with a new detector in the next 6 months.

They said yes and info on them should be released This month March starting tomarow.

I hope it is going to be a MXT Pro Underwater Detector.

So the man that is going to sell me the detector also want me to wait.

What a great guy.

I just received Today my Gold Cube and Blue Bowel along with all the pans spoons vials 8 clasifier's Exc.

Been hooking up with an old prospector close to where i live that has all sorts of detectors i can use till mine gets here.

OH and i ordered a lot of Gold Hog mat.

Having Material made for making up my own Sluice's now and will have done next wed.

I am excited.

Interesting, did Whites give you any clue as to what type of detector or detectors they were comming out with ???

I asked question about if they were coming out with any new detecters in the next 3 to 6 months because i am buying one and hate to buy something just to have a new one come out right after.

They said the info will be released this month with the detectors coming out for this spring.

New detectors are exactly like all new technology be it cars,tvs whatever you do NOT want the first ones as you are a guinea pig to work the bugs out. The newest gold bug series is a perfect example as folks was beating them to death on trees as first ones from Texas boys-half a dozen models-were horrendous. tried and true is the answer and cheaper too. John

:grr01: Rumble n' the jungle is the GB2 is going outta production :2mo5pow:

I have plenty of time to find a deal.

I already bought a bunch of stuff. Blue Bowl Gold Cube Pans Scale eye loop scoops classifiers tools exc.

So i am building 3 sluice's now with Gold Hog Mat.

I am going to give it a little more time on detector.