Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
T-Bone

Last Second Decision Patch

Well i got back to my new found patch this past weekend and lookie what i found.Two more to add to my new collection.......Enjoy

post-1101-0-03946600-1360217410_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-11415100-1360217438_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-79315800-1360217474_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-24642500-1360217498_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-88140700-1360217521_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-84886600-1360217569_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-34757200-1360217588_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-24981800-1360217635_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-16815000-1360217670_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-63430300-1360217707_thumb.jp

Dern!

Way to go..im itching to get out on sunday.

All this gold posting is not good for my desease :)

Tom H.

Looking like a good patch to me... Great finds!

Don't see how it can get any better T-B....thanks for the inspirational fotos

:4chsmu1: RIGHTEOUS :yesss: jOHN

Bet you are dreaming of a nice new truck!

Fred,

I agree, very interesting matrix...

looks almost like a layering of some sort.

Wonder what it is...

:WOW: beautiful finds!!!..congrats!!!

Edited by Keep Swingin

Thanks guys, im not a Geologists, but the area im finding the gold in is very fractured and has multiple quartz stringers in vein form small to large in size and in deffrent stone matrix.the gold is in a small alluvial fan that has crossed over a series of small quartz and stone vein stringers the lead edge of the alluvial fan is being cut by a small (no wider than your average sidewalk)run off from the hill side about two feet deep.my first piece (51.2 grams) was found in this run off wash about 14" down not on bed rock.the second piece found (3.7 grams) was up stream about 15 feet up on the opposite side from the alluvial fan up on the edge of the wash about 3" deep.the third and forth pieces (12.0 grams at 18") and (40.3

gram at 10") was found in between the first two up on the alluvial fan.bed rock is shallow mabe 4 feet tops and judging from the first piece and third and forth pieces there is more to be found but just out of reach of my 3500, so I will be digging and raking on my next trip.as you can see the gold is not in a quartz matrix and shows fracturing is very course and has not moved very far

Edited by T-Bone

Aloha T-Bone,

Nice story and pics. Now you are going to have to check your vehicle for gps tacking devices each time you leave home. :grr01:

Keep up the good work and show us more gold pics.

Aloha and stay safe out there,

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha kaimi we meet about 8 years ago at bills outing at gold basin.we both were in tents and you were driving a jeep.that was the beginning of my prospecting adventures I was using the new then mxt (which I still use to this day) yep just starting, as green as they come.John B. Was there and he got on my case cause I complained about swinging for only an hour in the coin shoot and not finding anything. Later the next day he apologized for being so harsh on me.he talked in length about nugget shooting ups and downs.so here I am today still at it with good results.im glad I stuck with this hobby .and it was a pleasure meeting you at my first nugget shooters outing.terry

Hi fred I'm still going to stop by your place an show off my finds.I believe this find is epithermal type gold.because of is courseness and how it is attached to the country rock.that being said im not a geologists so any help on the kind of gold inclusions will be appreciated

I eagerly await your arrival! BUt, I am not a geologist either...however, I do have lots of opinions....plenty for everyone.

fred

Spacific gravity wet and dry test put the total gold weight of all four pieces at 66.08 grams.The 51.2 nugget has a gold weight of 43.15 grams,the 40.3 nugget has a gold weight 9.51 grams,the 12.0 nugget has a gold weight of 10.8 grams,the 3.7 nugget has a gold weight of 2.62 grams. thought you guys would like to know

post-1101-0-10524600-1360489205_thumb.jp

Edited by T-Bone

Amazing gold T-bone.....just the stuff we all dream of finding.... :thumbsupanim

Awesome GOLD !! There is more for sure...this patch will keep on giving.... :yesss:

Spacific gravity wet and dry test put the total gold weight of all four pieces at 66.08 grams.The 51.2 nugget has a gold weight of 43.15 grams,the 40.3 nugget has a gold weight 9.51 grams,the 12.0 nugget has a gold weight of 10.8 grams,the 3.7 nugget has a gold weight of 2.62 grams. thought you guys would like to know

Real NICE! T Bone

Great score, TB... Keep raking and digging on that spot ... Pockets like that often have family ... Cheers, Unc