Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Bug II need to be bought any special way with acc or coil

gtxkid

Is there anything i need to know about buying a Gold Bug II

Do i need to get it with any different Coil or anything.

It's hard to say without knowing the how what and where you will be using, to answer your coil question. There are posting on this forum about this specific question. I have a GB2. There have been a ton of postings on this site in regards to this detector. I would suggest doing what I did... Make a beverage of your choice, do a forum search for gold bug and spend the evening doing your homework. Also, Lucky Joe has some GREAT vids on youtube. I learned more about the GB2 watching his vid on set up alone, then I had in hours of use on my own. My philosophy about getting started in metal detecting is: read, watch, use, repete. Then bring your specific questions to the guys on this forum, they are the best!

The smallest elyptical coil is the best coil for hunting nuggets. That said the standard coil is very sensitive and will cover more ground.... Most people won't get much use from the largest coil...I would suggest you get either the standard or smallest coil to start...

fred

The smallest coils are best for areas that have the highest concentrations of hot rocks and for places that contain really small "flyspeck" gold. Some places, like Rye Patch in Nevada, have extremely quiet ground where a 14" coil will cover a lot of ground much more effectively than a 6.5". The standard 10" coil is an attempt to afford a balance between the 6.5" and the 14", but it can get a bit "heavy" after a longish period of swinging. Not knowing where you intend to use your GB2, it's kinda hard to come up with a specific response to your inquiry. This is just anecdotal, but most of the folks I'm familiar with here in SoCal who use a GB2 and have a track record of finding a lot of nuggets utilize the 6.5" coil.

Going to use it in the Colorado rocky mountains.

Thanks for setting me straight on the coil.

Also will take your advice on video's, kinda makes cense.

Thanks