Nugget Shooter Forums

Silver coins from Holy Roman Empire 16th century

Nice coins my friends :thumbsupanim:yesss: , do you know exactly what they are and can you post the size and weight of the coins, what is the scale of the graft paper the photo was taken on?

If you don't have a precise ID on them I will try and help you find out what they are and the value.

anf Siep. d. g. rex*pu. m. dl

rev lll 1585 gros. arg tripmd. lit.

anf Sigis. i. rex. polo. do. to. prvss*

rev lll gros. ar. trip: civi. .dannc3k 1537

anf Sigi lldrg polonimdi

rev gros: arg tr. r. poloni.97 i f

i know what its big one and his estimate price, but dont know what its small ones. its Poland silver grose but dont know what its and how much worth, i got some clue that this from 1537 its rare but its not 100% informatiom.

Edited by IzNoGood

IzNoGood,

I had to work on my truck today so I posted your pictures on another forum that is great for IDing all kind of treasures, here's what was posted by one of the members there on the ID of your coins, further research would have to be done on the value of the coins.

They seem to be of German minting, since Germany was a ruling nation of that part of Europe in the 16th century.

If I find out any further info I will post it.

I will PM you the link to the forum I posted this on, I don't want to post it within this reply because of the problems you've had in the past with people trying to find your searching areas.

"For the big coin:

1 taler NDAg Tyrolan
DVX BVRGVNDIE COMES TIROLIS
FERDINAND D G ARCHID AVSTRI
Ferdinand I (Imperator from 1556) (1521-1564)

Don....."

"Top Right: Danzig

Sigismund I 1506-48
3 gröscher (20 mm), 1535
crowned bust / inscription

SIGIS I REX POLO DO TOCI PRVSS

III GROS AR TRIP CIVI DANNCZK <date>
(As shown here:
Saurmasche Illustration Number 2967)

Don..."

"Bottom right looks like:

3 gröscher(20 mm), (date) Possibly Litauen (Lithuania)
crowned bust / eagle , arms, man on horseback
STEP D G REX PO M D L
III <date> GROS ARG TRIP M D LIT
Stephan (1575-1586)

Don....."

"Bottom coin:

YEAR 1597 - Ag
Obverse. Bust of Sigismund III Vasa. The split rim inscription at the top of the crown: SIG III DGR. - Polonia MDL
REVERSE: Number III, under which are the coats of arms of Polish, Lithuanian and Vasa, and the following inscription in three lines: GROS.ARG / TR.R.POLO /. NI.-97
At the bottom of the shield with the arms of the third line dividing Lewart string. After the sides of the letters I-F.
Possibly Olkusz Mint.

Don......."

post-26563-0-09724000-1360264009_thumb.jpost-26563-0-45294900-1360264014_thumb.jand here its yeasterday find :-)) also silver coin, 1809 year

small ones and big its sold. 36000dinars, abouth 400$. i sold it to pay bils, buy Luka sneakers... its not best price for that coins, but ...

Edited by IzNoGood