Nugget Shooter Forums

Goldcube

Fergus

So I took the new cube for a test drive today and it is awesome. I found an old stream bed coming off a hill and brought a few buckets home, classified em, dumped them in the cube and poof, gold. I look forward to getting serious with it. I just filed a claim that I hope turns out to be as good as I think it is and I will be bringin home the buckets.post-26402-0-80884200-1359777505_thumb.j

Fergus,

I also own a gold cube, its a great at getting the small gold. I can go through a classified 5 gallon full bucket usually under 10 minutes in my garage. I also usually use a toothbrush to get out the bubbles on the matting before use.

Dave

What type of battery so you use with the gold cube? Mine seems to lose juice quickly and won’t hold up to continued field use.

I have a lawn and Garden battery, but this quickly looses juice when circulating the water. I tested it at 12.6 volts with a voltmeter, but the battery could not maintain enough force to go through a single five gallon bucket of dirt. The “Riffles” between the stacks kept getting clogged with sand. The vortex matting still had enough force to cause the material to “dance” and it was moving around.

When at home, I hook the battery to the battery charger and then hook the 1200 GPH pump up and it looks like it has twice the force of just using the battery alone.

I’ve got 10 five gallon buckets of wet, classified dirt to run through the gold cube over the next few days. I can’t keep taking dirt home, and want to be able to take the gold cube to the field and run it. I dug 34 buckets all day Saturday to get this 10 five gallon buckets of minus 8 mesh material. At about 90 LBS per bucket wet, taking home this classified dirt is wearing me out.

This was the best workout I’ve had in a while.

I am new here but i know this much.

Use an optima from Sams club.

They are very expensive but last very long.

Be very careful on charging them, not too much amps.

Yamaha suitcase generator is what i have and is very very quiet and efficient.

Buy the next up from the cheapest one that should be a 2000i and use it for everything

I looked at the 2000i. I guess once a generator is made quiet, the price goes up. I do like it only weighs 44 LBS and has dual 120 VAC and 12 VDC output. I also want to check to see how big a pump an 12 VDC 8A output will run.

After watching the battery for my pump go continuously down, I can see how a prtable generator would be great.

I used to keep it inside the back of my truck because the fuel cap has an on and off on it.

Lot of guys liked it out in the field when i would pull it out because it was so easy to use.

One thing about it is that it is a longer hour of use unit than the cheeper china stuff.

Runs forever on a tank of fuel.

You will fall in love with it.

Give me your motor specks and i can help you check the amps

Good point so you would not to have to use an inverter.

You can go online on there web sight and it will show you exactly all the tools and such it will run, prety cool

I will find a link if you need me to.

Here is the link for tools.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/generator/application.aspx

And here is the link for sizing.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/generator/sizing.aspx

Cool thing about it is you can also get any little part you need at a yamaha dealer and price's are good.

They probly do not stock much but you never know when you might have a mishap or something.

Very very quiet too.

I looked at the 2000i. I guess once a generator is made quiet, the price goes up. I do like it only weighs 44 LBS and has dual 120 VAC and 12 VDC output. I also want to check to see how big a pump an 12 VDC 8A output will run.

After watching the battery for my pump go continuously down, I can see how a prtable generator would be great.

My pump went out yesterday and I've only run about 30 buckets through it in the life of it. I ran 10 buckets continuously and it quit. I've got to clean it and check for clogged rocks. This would be the second pump I've been through. I hope they've got a longer life than that. I ran 10 buckets continuously and it quit.

Get a dry cell 12v. I bought one at battery plus ( bout $50) and it'll run all day and if you take your cube or recirc sluice to the field you don't risk dumpin acid in your vehicle. I come home and put it on trickle charger and it's ready to go again. I use a smaller dry cell for my drywasher also. I'll look at model in the morning and post them.

You can also ask the guys at battery's plus to size the battery he is talking about.

They can tell you in hours how long you can run, you just tell them the amp of the pump you are running.

I would guess 4.5 amps.

He has a really good idea that would be cheep.

I believe it's a 3.6 amp and it runs fine, the battery plus model I have is EP SLA12-12TZ I rarely take it out. usually bring buckets home to work. I took the cube out a couple o weeks ago, spent 30 min carrying and setting up. Took forever to classify buckets and ran them through the cube in 5-10 min. Decided it's easier to bring stuff home. hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Gold Cube today along with Blue Bowl and a bunch of other stuff.

I talk with mike and you need to have 800 to 1400 GPH pump.

You need to take a 10" long 5/8 round wood dowel rod and use it as a dam.

Watch the water and adjust acordingly so that the water come's up to 3/8 of an inch of the top lip.

I can go a little higher up to the lip and still be ok.

I received my Gold Cube today along with Blue Bowl and a bunch of other stuff.