Nugget Shooter Forums

Battery trick.... AA

Nugget Shooter

I wonder if the're all like that??

All brands all types etc ??

Do they make 6 v lantern batts in Alakaline ?? Or are all those regular duty ?

Not sure Frank, more research needed, but if true could save lots of money.....

• 1 year later...

he's telling you why buy 4 aa for $5 when you can buy a lantern battery with 32 aa for $5.

Now that I think about it, most 6 volts only have 4 batteries inside but the chinese will do anything to make a buck.

Here a little battery 101 if interested.

http://www.climatechangematters.net.au/LOTS/Phy/sub/seriespara/seriespara.htm

You can get some half sorry Alkaline Batteries from the Dollar store . There called Sundance or something like that . They Suck but work most well for about 20 hours. You can get them for like six for a Dollar. Ya just need to buy a few more. Don't let them freeze they pop open and you loose your machine.

my advice is not to play Russian Roulette with your machine by using the cheapest alkaline battery around. At Costco you can get 48 AA Duracell batteries for about $12 when they have their coupon sales ... regular price is around $16 for the 48 batteries ... that is only about 35 cents each at regular price. Even with the machines that use 8 batteries at a time that is only about $2.75 per load. It's not even as much as a gallon of gasoline for the 8 batteries. Stay with the quality batteries ... either Eveready or Duracell ... JMHO ...

Mike F

• 3 months later...

4-5 dollars for 32 batteries from a lantern battery... I wonder if those are cheap batteries. The manufacturer has to make the large case and spend money for 32 batteries and then sell it wholesale to the store. Makes me wonder if those AA batteries are purchased from the same place the dollar store gets theirs.

Perhaps certain brands..... Not sure, perhaps internet BS as well?????

SOmetimes you luck out, sometimes you dont :idunno:

I know gasifiers are real , though, and can be made on the cheap from scavenged material, not to change the subject or anything

http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp

rocket-mass-heater-complete.jpg

rocket-mass-heater-plan.png

After my camera batteries(dollar store panasonic alkaline 3-4 for a lousy buck) go low I keep them and use'm in my solar lights outside as they get a recharge and last for a few months more. Panasonic alkaline are great in all my electronics-John

• 4 weeks later...

You can now buy a charger called "The Mighty Charger" for about 15 bucks that will charge AA Alkaline as well as rechargeable batteries. I have been using one about 6 months and works as they say.... Saves big buck around our household.

Harbor Freight is giving away batteries( via coupon mailer) along with tape measures, DMM's, screwdrivers, flashlights.

YOu got MAil!