Nugget Shooter Forums

Idiot Award Nominee

Fergus

Okay fellas, I think I will win this time. Adam and mike you two will definitely vote for me. We found a couple o nuggets a couple a weeks ago and our buddy Will took them to show his family. Day before yesterday he gave them to me and I stuck em in my shirt pocket. He asked today if I showed them to a friend of ours and I got that sick feeling in my gut. I went up to the house and couldn't find the shirt. Then there it was in the basket waiting to be folded. I picked it up and to my relief could feel the little cube container that they are in. I reached in but only pulled out the lid...darn, sick feeling #2. I found the other part at the bottom of the basket. This was followed by sifting through alot of laundry. Through her tears of uncontrollable laughter she stopped long enough to suggest the washer drain filter, YES!!, I tore into the washer and I am happy to report, I found the 2 larger of the 4 missing nugs. We are very fortunate to have a grey water reclamation system at our house and I found myself outside at dusk in the snow disassembling it. It has a low point with a clean out and I was carefully easing it apart when one of the joints came apart ( it was not glued when installed, awesome) of course this was followed by a man made flash flood. There was nothing left to do but get to beepin. After 20 minutes and more trash than a 100 year old mine tailings pile I was rewarded with the lost bits of yellow. I gave my GMT a hug and went in to get warm. The worst part is that I have to meet those chuckleheads in the morning for breakfast, I think I'll order the crow.

post-26402-0-54708800-1359425008_thumb.j

post-26402-0-63617500-1359425018_thumb.j

post-26402-0-68847900-1359425094_thumb.j

All I can say is WOW , I could have used you when my MH burned, lost about 7 OZ. of gold. My neigabor even took the day off from work to sift ashes the next day and we worked for days wiith no luck, to much junk, it cost me 6 K to get it all hauled to the dump, not only lost the gold but 25 rolls of Indian Head pennys, and all but 38 silver Half Dollars and MD finds of 30+ years.

Max

Fergus,

BOY are you lucky!!! :ROFL:

There nothing like re-finding found gold, I'm still looking for a 1 1/2 gram nugget that was on my desk during one of my sister in law visits about 2 years ago, while she was waiting for my wife to get home she decide that my desk needed cleaning :tisk-tisk: , even my wife is forbidden to clean my desk, when my wife got home and her sister told her "I cleaned Skip's desk" and wife said "OH NOOO, no one is allowed to touch his desk", when I got home and sat down at my desk I immediate notice that EVERYTHING was re-arranged and I asked "who messed up my desk and where is my gold nugget???", my sister in law eyes got real big and she said "what did it look like" "a golden rock" I said, "she said all the rocks I saw are still there, but a couple of little pebbles fell behind the desk", behind the desk is a maze (rat nest) of computer wires and even though I have looked the best I could, really hard to move the desk, it's going to have wait until I get a new computer and redo all the wiring to hopefully find that nugget if it's there!! :idunno:

I have one, too...

I accidentally sold a little nugget that was my daughter's.

Looked like a little flower.

Didst realize I had sold it until about a week later.

I still feel sick over that one.

Yep. I bought it for the club raffle from Glenn. Don't worry I'm sure it will be sold back to me and you can win it again Glenn. Then you can give it to her. Sell it back to me and on it goes.

I've lost many MANY things but NEVER gold ,but I do like others stories of extremis and reclaimation process of washing nuggets with laundry, I'll bet they was sure purty then with no creases and wrinkles either??John :4chsmu1:

Would his name be Don aka Garimpo? :brows::4chsmu1::old::idunno:

Mike F

I've now found a new way of keeping track of things that get "lost"....in my W7 Ultimate there is a

Microsoft program called "sticky notes"....click a new one write your message and it's saved..... :reading:

A certain well-known electronic prospector pal of mine is in the habit of carrying a pill bottle containing his vitamins. One day he had just detected a several dwt'er, then realized he had left his poke back at the truck. So, he dropped the AU into the bottle. Later, during lunch, he opened the pill bottle and swallowed his vitamins before remembering the nugget. Yeah, with the "passing of time" he DID recover the AU again. It was a diagreable adventure, utilizing a gold pan and..... well, you can figure it out. He told me this story just AFTER dropping the nugget into my hand. Yuck! HH Jim

Thanks John. But then again, I have had my own failings, too. Early one morning, I had just unearthed a well-polished 2 grainer, from a steep stream bank. Typical shiny "ancient placer," not dull deserty stuff. Standing, facing into the bright morning sun, after giving the bit of au an oral wash, I then fumbled it, and dropped it. It hit the tip of my boot, and then jettisoned itself in a gleaming yellow arc WAY down the hillside. The only nugget I have ever found, then immediately lost. HH Jim