Nugget Shooter Forums

"Ninja Detecting" Opinions?

beaudurkee

Guys,

Have heard a few guys mention the term Ninja Detecting to me. Seems to refer to getting back onto lands that are not necessarily open to detecting, ie national forest, closed sections of BLM, large areas of government or corporate lands etc. Is there a general consensus about this being right or wrong. It feels like a different subject than treading on other prospectors claims. It seems like this is the type of activity that could give detectorist a bad name and get even more areas shut down. Am I over reacting? Is this one of those wink wink, don't get caught type of activities. Would like to hear some honest opinions on the subject, please.

Haha who was there first the miners or the blm/forest rangers lol I won't claim jump but can't say I won't detect on some wildlife preserve or something like that if I knew there was nuggies to be found..... I respect the law but not so much the tree huggers that took the land from the people over a darn fungus or something!

Haha who was there first the miners or the blm/forest rangers lol I won't claim jump but can't say I won't detect on some wildlife preserve or something like that if I knew there was nuggies to be found..... I respect the law but not so much the tree huggers that took the land from the people over a darn fungus or something!

Kinda my thoughts about it.

I would gently remind you guys that

it seems kind of silly to ask for consensus about an issue like this on a public forum

where it is critically important for all of us

to support an approach to what we do, and how we do it,

that is beyond reproach.

Gold prospectors are not the only ones who read these forums

and the deck is already pretty heavily stacked against miners as it is.

LIke it or not it's a fact.

fwiw

I'll elaborate on my answer:

Is it wrong? I'm not entirely convinced it is. The land closures are part of an agenda to get all users out of the forests and on to pavement. It goes against the tenets of freedom. Do I go out and thrash the land, whether on foot or machine? Absolutely not.

Do I walk aimlessly in the desert? Absolutely.

Have I ever find myself in a place I shouldn't be? Absolutely, but not on purpose.

Has it stopped me from wandering aimlessly in the desert? Absolutely not.

Do I go places I shouldn't be on purpose? Nope.

Do I fight daily with labor and money to keep places open? You're GD right I do!!

• Like 1