Nugget Shooter Forums

Cheap Imitations

John B.

Hi Bill and All

Many years ago as a little humor I presented my old hunting partner Jim Kreigh with several certificates :D . It took him a few years but he finnaly got an ounce plus piece of gold :Diggin_a_hole: . In celebration I made up a certificate inducting him into the ouncer club :ya: . I also made up certificates welcoming him into the pounder and multi pounder club :wee: . I was shocked when on my next trip to his house he proudly had them framed and mounted on his wall as you enter his front door. In all the years of hunting with Jim I never heard him swear. Owning a moving and storage company my lingustics are somewhat more than flawed and when I found a whopper my first words were holy sh1t or SOB or something similar :woot: . But Jim was more refined and one response I heard several times was Oh My :duc: . Over the years of hunting together Jim and I found many pounds of gold and hundreds of pounds of space rocks. Getting to the point of cheap imitations. Check it out,

http://www.minelab.com/usa/videos?id=24748

I guess I'm a trend setter ?? Although we had to let Russ AKA Goldstudmuffin in on imagination after he poster a barbie doll suitcase picture filled with a dinker to make it look big :4chsmu1: !! Russ I was hoping to arm wrestle Scotty before he's recovered and could tear off my arm !! I have kinda grown fond of it :idunno: !!

Happy Huntin John B.

They got alot a nerve showin that dink an callin it an nugget.

J.B. when I hit my biggie all I could think of was ,................. WOW now I'll get some recognition from John B. an maybe he'll get me an ounce club certificate.
Yeah I did an you did an I told ya that meant more to me than a Presidential Citation comin from John B . :head::yikes::wee: :wee: :droolin::2drink::yesss:

You are a trend setter for sure John B. :25r30wi:

No, really, I mean that sincerely. :worship:

I am very proud of my real and authentic One Ounce Club Certificate :112: and it just ain't right that someone would come up with a cheap imitation like that. :2mo5pow:

BTW, have you added "Trend Setter" to your business card yet? :idea:

Lv2fish mentioned that you were also a space ship pilot. :inocent:

You should put that on there too. :wee:

:thcongratsflwrs: John B.

You are da MAN! :oregonian_winesmiley:

Hi Bill and All

Many years ago as a little humor I presented my old hunting partner Jim Kreigh with several certificates :D . It took him a few years but he finnaly got an ounce plus piece of gold :Diggin_a_hole: . In celebration I made up a certificate inducting him into the ouncer club :ya: . I also made up certificates welcoming him into the pounder and multi pounder club :wee: . I was shocked when on my next trip to his house he proudly had them framed and mounted on his wall as you enter his front door. In all the years of hunting with Jim I never heard him swear. Owning a moving and storage company my lingustics are somewhat more than flawed and when I found a whopper my first words were holy sh1t or SOB or something similar :woot: . But Jim was more refined and one response I heard several times was Oh My :duc: . Over the years of hunting together Jim and I found many pounds of gold and hundreds of pounds of space rocks. Getting to the point of cheap imitations. Check it out,

http://www.minelab.com/usa/videos?id=24748

I guess I'm a trend setter ?? Although we had to let Russ AKA Goldstudmuffin in on imagination after he poster a barbie doll suitcase picture filled with a dinker to make it look big :4chsmu1: !! Russ I was hoping to arm wrestle Scotty before he's recovered and could tear off my arm !! I have kinda grown fond of it :idunno: !!

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi John B,

I'm sure happy I got one of the original certificates John and not a cheap imitation, thank you! :shake2: I still have my ouncer club certificate, it did mean a lot to me at the time... I felt like I had really done something special. :4chsmu1: What kind of certificate will I get for the honker nugget. :89:

I had a lot of fun with that barbie doll suitcase picture. :D it was a actually a mini briefcase for a calcuIator, I may still have it somewhere... :brows:

You better hurry if you want to arm wrestle Scotty :nutty: because the Doc says he should get 100% of his strength back. :yesss: he's had lots of experence arm wrestling and he has good technique and overall arm strength, his hand grip size, other factors such as the length of his arm, his muscle mass and density, and when you lock hands with Scotty and you just realized he's wraped his hand around your hand twice... that's when you know your in deep doo-doo. :knight-horse::25r30wi:

Edited by goldstudmuffin

First time I shook hands with Scotty (think it was out at the Vulture/Red Basin Beanarama about 2002) I was so terrified that I couldn't find any nuggets for two days ... But I felt very safe in camp!!! :brows::oregonian_winesmiley: Cheers, Unc

First time I shook hands with Scotty (think it was out at the Vulture/Red Basin Beanarama about 2002) I was so terrified that I couldn't find any nuggets for two days ... But I felt very safe in camp!!! :brows::oregonian_winesmiley: Cheers, Unc

Hi Uncle Ron, the same thing happed to John B. after he shook Scotty hand... :yikes: he hasen't been able to find a nugget for years now. :cry2:

Scott pulled a tendon in his bicep muscle had surgical treatment recently, he went through a surgey where they drill a hole in the bone to reatach the tendon. That's why John B. thinks he can beat Scotty in an arm wresle now! :idunno: I think Scott could beat him even when he's hurt!!! :olddude:

Edited by goldstudmuffin

JB impressed me in 07 when I attended an NS GB outing. I found my first GB meteorite and that afternoon he presented me with documentation. Made that rock mean a lot to me.

IMG_0165_1_zpsace87dbc.jpg

AS for ML,s TV ad

What crap!

You'd think ML would do a real dig/find, from one of the many user submitted videos for a TV ad. This one is obviously staged for the US market.

I doubt the film location is a gold bearing area.

Beyond that,

Did you notice how loose the coil cable was?

Nice fit on the harness also, do folks really hunt with the wast belt on their sternum?

I totally agree Chris, you think a company like ML that makes the best gold detectors in the world (sorry JB) could make a more realistic video than that. Digging a big nugget out of loose sand 3 inches deep with a nugget scoop... :wee:

Kinda seems like they hired some guy from New York City to promote their detectors! boorb:2mo5pow::D

I suggest that Minelab quit it's low down ways and hire John B to show 'em how it's really done. :yesss:

Give him a GPX5000 and a full set of Minelab coils to compensate for his pain and suffering over this travesty. :old:

If they don't do it out of the guilt they should be feeling by now, I suggest we get Gloria Allred to pose with her arm around a teary-eyed John B :cry2: at a news conference.

Heck, I could have found that with a radio shack detector!

Why dont they show a real minelab hole....1 1/2 foot deep, sweat dripping on your glasses, back aching, sides caving in..you finally get it out and your the proud owner of a lug nut!

:)

Tom

Hi John B.

After looking since 1975 for something larger than a quarter ounce, which was the biggest piece I had found until

last year when I found what turned out to be my entry into the Ouncer Club,

I clearly remember the first thing I thought to myself was, "finally."

The second thing I thought was "I wonder if this means I can get in the Ouncer Club."

Thank you and thank you Mike for sending me the certificate that I treasure almost as much as the gold.

It made looking for thirty-seven years seem worth it...

...and that breezy and cheesy video by Minelab is laughably and embarrassingly inept.

They should be cringing.

Flak

Hi All

Yeh I didn't want to call that commercial CHEEZZY :rolleyes: !! Cheap Imitation was my best guess :aw-shucks: . Sweetpea saw it on TV and told me about it so I looked it up online and thought I'ld share it with the real Ouncer Club Members :D . Shep wasn't he one of the three stooges :nutty: ?? My first meeting of the Studmuffin twins was down in GV. I'ld been insulting them for moinths on these forums :rasberry: !! Sooo they were in their old chevy low rider PU truck until they got out and the truck lifted 2 feet up :idunno: . As I looked up at Russes chi chi's and Scotty blocked out the sunlight to the west and I thought I should run :yikes: ?? We ended up friends after feeding them for all these years :barnie: !! Which I guess is OK !! Russ I'm soooo glad your estrogen levels have droped and your testosterone is comming back :woot: !! Be careful or you'll need that shoe polish on your head too :25r30wi: It comes with high testosterone levels !! All you guys are great :worship: !! Happy Huntin John B.