Nugget Shooter Forums

back at the honker patch...

I went back yesterday with two of my sons to detect the old honker patch. it was great spending some time with them and letting them bust nuggets out of the caliche bedrock. :thumbsupanim They didn't detect at all they came to dig for me... :4chsmu1:

I found 4 nuggets for a total 16.45 dwts or .82 ounces if I did the math right. The big one is very thick and weighs about 9 dwt and the second biggest is 5.75 dwt. I have them in CLR to clean the caliche off and will post them when their cleaned up. :yesss: This makes around 12 ounces for this patch now. :200:

I haven't seen Bill for a fews years now so we stopped by Bill's place and showed off the nuggets and the boys had a hey day looking around Bill's shops at all the cool stuff. It was good to see you Bill. :arrowheadsmiley:

Scott hurry up and get that arm healed up so we can go detect... oh ya John B. wants to arm wrestle you too. :idunno:

post-400-0-94407600-1358952299_thumb.jpg

Dang Russ. I thought you had those honker turds cleaned out long ago.

They look pretty good when you clean 'em up but do they smell bad when you first dig 'em up? :laught16:

If they do stink, maybe Nugget could find some. He is one of those dogs who loves to roll on things that stink. :idunno:

We could just follow him around and when he starts rolling on the ground we would know where to dig! :idea:

Dang Russ. I thought you had those honker turds cleaned out long ago.

They look pretty good when you clean 'em up but do they smell bad when you first dig 'em up? :laught16:

If they do stink, maybe Nugget could find some. He is one of those dogs who loves to roll on things that stink. :idunno:

We could just follow him around and when he starts rolling on the ground we would know where to dig! :idea:

Hi Slim...

I think this patch will last a long time...

If Nugget can smell stink deeper than 2 foot he's hired, great idea...

Those really are some beauties with some good weight ... Are you pulling them out of flats or slope iron schist or just more wash/gully placer? ... Inquiring minds, and all ... Cheers, Unc

Those really are some beauties with some good weight ... Are you pulling them out of flats or slope iron schist or just more wash/gully placer? ... Inquiring minds, and all ... Cheers, Unc

Thanks all!

When I stopped by Bill's shop and he handle and weighted the nuggets and commented that it's heavy gold!

Hillside trib Unc Ron. I had a nice long description of the honker patch but decided well that's just to much information... check your pm box.

Your PM box is full...sorry.

Edited by goldstudmuffin