Nugget Shooter Forums

Trommel build - 10th time out so far, had to take video

IndianaRob

We finished tweaking our trommel we built a few weeks ago. Made a few design changes, etc. We had it out for the 10th time this year and wanted to take a video of it and share. Please feel free to critique it or suggest any improvements you can think of within reason and let me know. Thanks for looking!

http://youtu.be/0KXn-VvVcz8

Looks like a nice little unit. Please watch video and see your pump suckn' up all that muddy water,move pump up stream/farther away or pump seal bearings will die,spray holes clogged and pump impeller will wear out real fast,and no fun to fix/clean/repair. So where's the gold recovered?? A rubber difuser flap might help spread out the flow,deaireate and increase recovery a bit. Ya'all sure looked happy and THATS what really matters-John :4chsmu1:

Really nice looking unit and would like to have something like that myself. Agree with John you need to move pump - intake farther upstream or maybe even making that hose longer. What's your gpm? Doesn't look like it's enough.

Are you going after glacial gold? Show some pictures of your recoveries.

Steve

Steve, we are using an A52 sluice with dredge riffles, miners moss, and expanded metal along the length of the riffles. We have always tried to test pan our tailings at lease 4-5 times an outing with zero gold being found in them. Its mostly due to the proper water flow and correct angle of the sluice box itself. Each time we take it out, there is definately a process to get it fine tuned in before running actual material. Trust me, I don't want to lose any gold either...lol

Really nice looking unit and would like to have something like that myself. Agree with John you need to move pump - intake farther upstream or maybe even making that hose longer. What's your gpm? Doesn't look like it's enough.

Are you going after glacial gold? Show some pictures of your recoveries.

Steve

I am using a 9000 gpm pump turned WAAAY down to run water. I am trying to stay under 70 or so gpm. I like to keep the riffle action line right in the center of the riffles and keep the concentrates under 1/2 of the height of the riffles. I am angled just a tad bit more then 1 inch drop per 1 foot of length of the box. We are getting a lot of feedback from our local gpaa and quite a few people have inquired about purchasing one. I am willing to build and sell them. The lead time is 2-3 weeks due to powdercoat, materials delivery, etc. Let me know if you are interested. Our website addy is www.goldlineengineering.com

Rob-

I would say you're all set to go. Just need to get that hose further upstream and into cleaner water if possible. Great looking unit and hope you do well with it.

I have a buddy of mine who lives in Goshen that used to pan for gold about an hour and half south from there. Not sure of the specific location but he showed me some really nice, coarse looking gold. Largest piece was maybe 3 grains but had a small vial about a third of the way full and it was all from panning. Of course I don;t know how long it took him to get that but it's there..... Just have to work for it. I'm sure everyone would like to see how you do after a full days run. Good luck.

Steve