Nugget Shooter Forums

4 Bald Eagles shot!

Bad deal there Skip for sure....

Very cool birds and I have held them for banding. My father is a ornithologist and in the early 70s was doing some work for the government tracking eagles for a few years. We would lay out 4 x 8 sheets of plywood with fishing line foot snares every 2 inches on the board then throw a big ol dead carp in the middle to catche them along the Mississippi River during the winter months. We would then band them and some got wing markers...

One time one of the grad students got his face a little too close looking into one's eyes and the eagle pulled it's head lose from his grip and promptly pierced his nose for him, lot of blood, OUCH!

Was very cool being this up close and personal with these birds and will never forget it, nor will that grad student I bet...

What a friggin waste of a beautiful bird! As a hunter and conservationist myself I take that action as a personal confrontation. I wish I lived closer to Washington state ... I would volunteer to help in some manner. I sure hope they find the culprits and throw them in the tank and lose the key.

Mike F

Someone might have done this because they or so fed up with the president and congress. But it's truly sad to see birds like these laid to rest.

:Diggin_a_hole: bury the ba$$$$$terds . Filthy dogs don't deserve to live. Our town even has a webcam for Liberty/Justice nesting site. Watch'm all summer long up here in shasta/trinity but to kill for shitz and giggles,time to reach out and touch someone-John :2mo5pow:

post-23710-0-10439300-1358692199_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

This is totally disgusting. Who would even think of killing such magnificent birds? Sawmill, I envy your view. It makes my day when I see a golden or bald eagle. One summer I got to watch a pair of Ferruginous hawks almost every day and was astounded at their size and ability to soar.