Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Specimens

Goldfinger

HI Guys

Thought I'd post a link to some pictures of gold specimens. Some of these types of crystalization I have never seen before, Should be a quite a book when it comes out. Some of you might want to submit photos of your specimens for possible publication.

http://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?SRC=c3Rlc2hiYUB5YWhvby5jb20=&p=27828#27828

Steve

Hi Steve and All

That first specimen shown is about the size of a marble :rolleyes: . It can't be much more than a 1/2 ounce :idunno: A gal from Krystalle was showing it to someone at the TCC Gem and Mineral show when I stuck my nose into the conversation :4chsmu1: . They were offered 1.2 million dollars for it and turned down the offer :nutty: . It makes one wonder what guys like Jonathon Porter have dollied up ?? :)

Happy Huntin John B.

Edited by John B.

Hi Steve and All

That first specimen shown is about the size of a marble :rolleyes: . It can't be much more than a 1/2 ounce :idunno: A gal from Krystalle was showing it to someone at the TCC Gem and Mineral show when I stuck my nose into the conversation :4chsmu1: . They were offered 1.2 million dollars for it and turned down the offer.

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi John B and All-

I didn't think it was that big when I first saw it but they turned down 1.2 million for it? Doesn't surprise me any. They've been dealing in gold and mineral specimens for quite some time now so no doubt they are millionaires themselves. What does surprise me is they were offered that much for it. Some of these prices and appraisals for gold and mineral specimens these days are astounding.

By the way, some of you guys have found some pretty nice specimens over the years. Sure would like to see some pictures in that book that were found by some members of this forum. So if you think you have something, it wouldn't hurt to submit them.

Steve

:nutty: not worth 1/100th of that $1.2 mil,they shoulda sold in a NY second-John :brows:

I agree the offer was way too high but how do you put a true value on something like that? If they would have sold it for 1.2 million, that doesn't mean it was worth that much. It only means someone was foolish enough to pay that price.

This is another case.. The Bahia Emerald which has been appraised at up to 925 million.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Bahia-Emerald-legal-battle-tears-2-friends-apart-3163685.php

That's pure BS of course and no one in their right mind would pay anything close to that. But how do you place a true value on something like that? :idunno:

Steve

Do they have any like that here in Gold Basin? :) A 10 grammer was found yesterday. I'm going out now. What a great link.

Mitchel

Mitchel- If you can't find them, the next best thing is to see them. Kristalle is located in Laguna Beach. Don't know how far that is from you but it might be worth a trip... for inspiration if nothing else. But call first. They may be getting ready for the show in Tucson.

http://kristalle.com/

Steve

I sure would like a copy of the book when it comes out. I can look at crystal gold for hours in total amazement. This is one of my favorites. It was one my old friend Van acquires from Plumas County , ca

Your friend should submit it for possible publication. Sure looks good to me.

Something tells me that's going to be one expensive book. :idunno:

Steve

My biz was in the OC and spent many a day at Kristalle . Northernnevadagold.com has RIGHTEOUS specimens for sale constantly,take a gander and give your wallet to your wife though first :thumbsupanim John