Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Chickens....

Greg I think you got this thread all mixed up....it's about chickens and not "homfire".... :ROFL::25r30wi:

Hick! Hick! Yea it's about HICK, Eggs.

• Like 1

Anyone here have any ostriches? One of those eggs is enough to last a week... And the meat taste like.... well.... like beef.

Steve

Back in the 90's everyone thought they was going to get rick on those things.

They had Acres and Acres of those goofy birds.

The market dropped out and now you don't see any.

I had it once in California back in the 90's. Really liked it and tasted like a good grade of beef but when I got back home, I couldn't find it anywhere. Seems like there's a cycle for everything. Bring those goofy birds back.

Steve

Edited by Goldfinger

By the way, I saw some really weird looking chicken on TV recently. Skin and the flesh looked dark blue but they were cooking it just like the regular chicken. Was kind of grossed out by it but they said it tasted just like....chicken. Supposed to be a real fancy breed and it's used mostly in the gourmet restuarants.

A Silkie has dark blue meat. Very pretty bird but I don’t do blue meat.

I grew up with chickens, horses, motorcycles, go carts..fast cars..Srry..I digress.

We had silkies. They were cool and would lay easter eggs. Each bird layed a different colored pastel egg.

Tom H.

I grew up with chickens, horses, motorcycles, go carts..fast cars..Srry..I digress.

We had silkies. They were cool and would lay easter eggs. Each bird layed a different colored pastel egg.

Tom H.

Pastel colored eggs would be cool but can you imagine ordering from KFC and seeing some blue chicken next your mashed potatoes and cole slaw? Not me... No way... No how..... :D:barnie:

Steve

We get brown, blue, green, pink, and white eggs from our flocks, but do not have silkies. We get our colored eggs from our "Easter eggers" a breed of Arcauna (sp)

Ok, the stones are cast, and materials bought, chicken coop const. starts in the AM only thing that will stop me is a warm spell to get out. Last coop got outta hand and we were going to rein it in a bit this time but the building demons prevailed and it looks like solar panels and pergo flooring for the girls. Can't wait for that first $300 omlette.

Ok, the stones are cast, and materials bought, chicken coop const. starts in the AM only thing that will stop me is a warm spell to get out. Last coop got outta hand and we were going to rein it in a bit this time but the building demons prevailed and it looks like solar panels and pergo flooring for the girls. Can't wait for that first $300 omlette.

:yuckyuck:

I am pleasantly suprised a the number of folks here that have chikens. We keep a flock of Golden Lace (What's in a name?) Just enough to pay for themselves and provide us with healthy free eggs. I tend to make pets out of them so we don't them we raise fryers for that.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM all this chicken talk got me hankern' fer some pickled eggs and breast bbq tonight :4chsmu1: John PS n beer or 3

I have a flock myself. The "ranch foreman" is actually this 4 year old RI Red hen who insists that I walk around the barnyard every morning or she goes to the closest neighbor-a quarter mile away and tells the old biddy all about my crime. Then she puts that old biddy's cat in line for giving her some lip-never give a chicken on the edge some lip, I guess.

Now I have 2 RI Red roosters and a couple of Plymouth Rock roosters, thats too many for 24 chickens, and I just can't figure out which one I am going to keep and which ones are going to go swimming with the dumplings.

Before I came back to Asscrakistan after my leave last May I got the Better Half 2 Ameraucana (had to get rid of one because it was a Rooster and the city will not let you have them, the neighbors bitched), 2 Bard Rocks, and now she has 2 Polish Cross with something else. She gets Brown, Lavendar, and Green Eggs and is still getting about 3-4 eggs a day even with that little cold snap you guys just had there in Phoenix. She mixes Turkey Crumble with the regular Laying Crumble.. plus lets them run around a couple hours a day... Helps with the egg production...

Don't know what group or country this "clucker" is from but the family had a cook out at the lake this

weekend and he spent most of his time trying to get food off my plate.....and this is the kid....you should

see the size of "daddy".....both just plain ugly but for sure their DNA's match.....

Paacutescoa2013016.jpg

They call those naked neck chickens... Seen some in Phoenix a feller had.

They call those naked neck chickens... Seen some in Phoenix a feller had.

Don,

This article may explain why they keep Naked Neck chickens down there where the climate is warm, it's seems that these types of chickens can withstand the heat and produce better meat and eggs better than other breeds of chickens.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/03/110315-transylvanian-naked-neck-chicken-churkeys-turkens-science/

Bill you may want to get a few of these for out in the desert!!

Looks like a Turkey Buzzard-Chicken cross. Do you need to cook it for several days to eat it?

• Like 1

That was a good one klunker....I'm still laughing.....

Don't know how long the women here cook something like this but they usually throw the sucker

in a big pot.....head hanging out one side and a leg and foot hanging out the other side....gross....

At least they sure got the name right....

Looks like a little Dino to me........

HEAD HANGING OUT ONE SIDE AND LEG HAGING OUT THE OTHER....... Is theat refering to the women or the chiken?

• Like 1

LOL!

Went to a Chines Resterant in London one time.

Ordered the Breaded Chicken.

Them folks didn't waist a thing.

After I shoved the Breaded Checken Feet aside I discovered the crunchy bit I was chewing was the Head and Beak.