Nugget Shooter Forums

CLAIM JUMPING?

jezzys

Now I understand that we live in a world of paranoia and obscurity but really is somone going to come on to your claim with a bucket and shovel and remove all of the "riches" that lie beneath your feet? I have read lately a lot of people getting into trouble and equipment taken away etc. etc. etc.for just being on someone elses claim with a bucket and shovel...REALLY?! Now I have never been caught claim jumping but i'm sure I will eventually. The problem I have with it is similar to the modern day "hacker". You cant call something public land and then tell me I cant dig a hole on it, otherwise call it public air above the land, not public land. I have respect for all of the claims that I go onto and I take such a miniscule amount of material that nobody would ever notice. Until the day comes that I am caught on someone elses claim I am just talking out of my bungus. PLEASE DONT TAKE MY SHOVEL IF IT IS YOU THAT CATCHES ME! Sincerely JesseC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jezzys ... You are kidding aren't you? ... You really aren't just claim jumping all over the gold fields ON PURPOSE and KNOWINGLY are you? You can walk, ride, drive, camp, hunt etc on my claim on Public Land but should I catch you claim jumping by removing minerals you will be arrested and you will see me in court ... no 'if's', 'and's' or 'but's' about it. Any legal claim on 'Public Land' is a lawful right to ownership of the mineral rights on that claim. If you take minerals from that lawful claim you might as well be breaking into my house and stealing my TV ... you ARE stealing, pure and simple! Nuf said ...

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Boy, Jezzys, did you pick the wrong place to post that kind of attitude! ...Any of us claim owners here would take far more than your shovel if you're caught doing what you say you do ..... Most of us have put in years of effort, time and money into our claims and you'll definitely get your peepee whacked if you pursue claim jumping!

What a brilliant post (NOT): By your logic, JesseC, it would be okay for anyone on this forum to sneak onto your property and take anything they find as long as you do not catch them. Or am I missing something here? That is a lifestyle more suited for crows, not featherless bipeds who should know better.

Boy, Jezzys, did you pick the wrong place to post that kind of attitude!

I was thinking the same thing, I could hear the shot guns cocking.

I can get it. Times are hard!. Here in Cali there are ALOT of people who don't even work their claims. Many just use them to get Get shitfaced on the weekends, plink, and/ or use their claims to grow dope, many don't work them, cause they are too old to get around. Other owners, give permission to anyone, to work their claims.... Just maybe, J. falls into this LOSER catagory

Now I understand that we live in a world of paranoia and obscurity but really is somone going to come on to your claim with a bucket and shovel and remove all of the "riches" that lie beneath your feet? I have read lately a lot of people getting into trouble and equipment taken away etc. etc. etc.for just being on someone elses claim with a bucket and shovel...REALLY?! Now I have never been caught claim jumping but i'm sure I will eventually. The problem I have with it is similar to the modern day "hacker". You cant call something public land and then tell me I cant dig a hole on it, otherwise call it public air above the land, not public land. I have respect for all of the claims that I go onto and I take such a miniscule amount of material that nobody would ever notice. Until the day comes that I am caught on someone elses claim I am just talking out of my bungus. PLEASE DONT TAKE MY SHOVEL IF IT IS YOU THAT CATCHES ME! Sincerely JesseC

You are best to stay clear of my claims at least, I will first give you a demand order and then will prosecute to the fullest (jail time) regardless of what you may have stolen from me. Judging from your silly troll you have no clue what you are doing so you will steal nothing more than a few dollars from me while claim jumping but if I catch you doing it you will pay much more. Having missed so many other claim jumpers over the years I tend to have a lot of frustrations that come out suddenly when I finally catch one of you.

Bill and I had a conversaton this very afternoon on this subject and where comparing our off hand pocket lists of who such a person

should be ilving in fear fear of and he is making a scary statement, OH where fools will tread!

Max

Well I see Jezzys hasn't come back to defend his position. Must be it wasn't a statement to get a reaction as I had hoped but in fact a manner of action and his choice of "prospecting" ... that being said I hope he stays out of AZ and stays in Little Rock ... for his own health and welfare based on all the above posts. He sure didn't make any friends on this forum!

mike F