Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona Gold Adventures

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Terry Soloman, owner of Arizona Gold Adventures,

Yesterday you questioned Bill's motive for giving free detectors lessons.

Among other things you said " But, with the proliferation of online metal detector dealers and the new popularity of the hobby, there is a real demand for these lessons. In the true spirit of American capitalism, folks like me identified that need and have stepped up to service it - and profit from it."

Now I questiion your motive... Why are you using my picture without my knowledge or permisson from a post I made called --Some Christmas eye-candy--? I see on your website in a video compiled and edited by Terry Soloman you have... shall we say "borrowed" my 90 ounces of gold nuggets picture. http://www.terrysoloman.com/ bottom video of page call Lost Treasure found! Gold Nuggets, at the 1:10 minute mark. You have taken a picture of mine that represents 15 years of my Brother's and my hard work and research and - trying to profit from it.

Terry, please remove the picture now!

Bill or anyone else have a comment feel free...

I took the trouble to research copyright laws on pictures... You should read it!

"If it does not have a copyright notice on it, it is not copyrighted - so I can use it freely."

This myth results from past law, and misunderstandings of past law being passed along. In virtually all cases, photo copyright is valid whether or not there is a copyright notice.

A copyright notice has two main functions. First, it warns off at least a few would-be pirates that the work is not to be stolen. Second, it has some useful legal effects, because it prevents the infringer from claiming he was making an "innocent" mistake.

The copyright notice may be omitted because the owner or legitimate user does not want to deface the photo, or even because an intermediary infringer has deliberately removed the notice. (Removing a copyright notice is itself a serious legal violation.) And of course, if someone has illegally scanned and posted Playboy pictures or the like, there will not be a notice. However, the absence of a copyright notice does not change the fact that a work is copyrighted.

We are reminded of an anecdote about a thief who stole a bicycle from a public place. When caught by the owner, the thief protested, "I didn't know that it was your bike." Replied the owner, "You sure as blazes knew that it wasn't yours!"

A proper notice has the © mark, or word "Copyright" or abbreviation "Copr."; the year, and the name of the owner. For example, if this author took and published a photo in 2000, it might be marked "© 2000 David L. Amkraut" or "Copyright 2000 David L. Amkraut" or "Copr. 2000 David L. Amkraut." You can add "All Rights Reserved" if you want-it has no real significance in the U.S. and most countries but has a bit in several 3rd world countries.

The commonly-seen parenthesis "©" instead of the proper copyright mark "©" has no legal significance and may invalidate the notice. So, if you do not see a copyright notice, do not assume the photo is yours to use; someone owns copyright and you have to get his permission before using it.

Terry that is just not right. You should show what your students find. I take it the hooter girls are fake too and are not at the outings.

OK, let’s start with, "Yesterday you questioned Bill's motive for giving free detectors lessons."

No I did not. I actually said I admired Bill for doing what he does. I also said I think charging for metal detecting lesson’s is legitimate, and I see nothing wrong with it.

However, you've made it clear you question my motives - so be it. My motives are very simple – make money doing what I love to do.

Now lets move on to "your" photo. This video is just one of many that include nuggets from around the country, as well as a few of mine. The video is captioned, "http://ArizonaGoldAdventures.com presents Natural gold and gold nuggets found by gold prospectors from across Arizona, California, Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, and Oregon. For more information on Gold Prospecting dial up http://GoldProspectingLessons.com"

Nowhere does it say I found them all. Most of the fellows are thrilled to see their nuggets featured, I'm sorry you are not. I'll be more than happy to review your copyright - or anyone else's (TerrySoloman@aol.com), and take the appropriate action. I make no apologies for marketing and promoting my business to you, or anyone else. I'm not doing anything fraudulent, illegal, or immoral.

For those of you who believe I was attacking Bill, please go back and read my post again.

Edited by Terry Soloman

Wow... well without getting involved in this, I do believe everything here is protected and when checking the copyright is enabled. I will check with the folks at support and post their reply, but I think Russ is correct here Terry.

Nothing new,

Terry does not have a problem using any content, without even the courtesy of asking permission. Let alone copyright issues.

He seems to think if its on the web its public domain.

Best practice is to watermark with a copyright all photos you publish.

The nugget on the Tesoro coil was in one of Terry's Vid's

Only is a faked find. Karma's b···h aint it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DgPM6uyn1w

Edited by nvchris

When I used to do portraits and get the proofs to the customer, I cought a few of them making copies of my proofs even though they weren't stamped (copyright). That is illegal and AI pushed it with the store that was doing the copying

To make a long story short I found out that anyone that takes a picture it is there's and all photo's are copyrighted, they do not need to be marked. So when I post one of my pictures here on the forum it is deemed copyrighted and not for use by anyone else without permission. Now unless the law has changed?????

The person who presses the shutter-release automatically own the copyright to the photograph

Copyright...Vests initially in the author -17 USC ~201 (a)

Edited by Allen in MT

Wow... well without getting involved in this, I do believe everything here is protected and when checking the copyright is enabled. I will check with the folks at support and post their reply, but I think Russ is correct here Terry.

Kind of makes you want to go back out detecting..huh!

Tom

I have removed the photo Russ. I don't try to upset people on purpose, and when I'm wrong I usually admit it after kickiing and screaming for a while. In this case I was wrong, and I apologize for upsetting you Russ. I'll start doing my comps differently

Now, as for Chris, you've had a bone to bury with me from day one, and I still don't know why. I explained that the Crab nugget was presented to me as having been found with that Lobo Super Traq by my then manager, Mel Vrooman, who I later had to terminate. Mel is STILL using that nugget http://frontiergoldprospecting.com/id3.html and I'm more than surprised at your venom Chris. What up? Did I date your sister in high school or something? Seriously.

What up? Did I date your sister in high school or something? Seriously.

That was his MOM!!! Doh!!

:)

Tom

Edited by TomH

Mel told me you bought and paid for the crab nugget and staged the photo then gave it to him for back wages owed.

Which is a lie. I never saw that nugget till Mel showed it to me for the photo shoot of his finds. Mr. Vrooman owes me over $2,500.00 for equipment that was never returned including a partially paid for GPX 4500. Mel will collect his karma, I'm not really worried about that. I'm still trying to figure out why YOU dislike me with such zeal. To the best of my knowledge we have never met Chris.

Guest goldstudmuffin

I have removed the photo Russ. I don't try to upset people on purpose, and when I'm wrong I usually admit it after kickiing and screaming for a while. In this case I was wrong, and I apologize for upsetting you Russ. I'll start doing my comps differently

Thanks Terry, apology accepted.

• Like 1

I have a solution for this!!!!

Lets have a get together....sit around the camp fire...drink beer....and sing...

"Kumbaya, my Lord"

Holding hands is optional.....:)

Im up for it.

Tom H.

• Like 1

I have a solution for this!!!! Lets have a get together....sit around the camp fire...drink beer....and sing... "Kumbaya, my Lord" Holding hands is optional..... :) Im up for it. Tom H.

If that fails, you can always resort to shotgun shells stuffed with viena sausages at 20ft. Trust me, that will settle arguments in a hurry, lol

If that fails, you can always resort to shotgun shells stuffed with viena sausages at 20ft. Trust me, that will settle arguments in a hurry, lol

Tube steaks at 10 paces! I like that method of conflict resolution!

I bet if you sling those things out there with enough velocity they would make a hell of a wound channel. Like being hit by a little kielbasa travelling at cosmic speed.

My money is on Terry. He has taken so much sausage in his lifetime I bet he is wiener proof by now. Unless Chris lets him have it with the salami cannon......

Battle of the bratwurst? Dueling bologna? Chorizo chingasos? Hollow point meatballs? Jerky in a full metal jacket?

The next thing you know they will outlaw cured meat.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Like 1

I love putting these slideshows of gold nuggets and juicy flake together. After upsetting Russ, and realizing I was wrong, I decided to find a new way to get content and put these together. Here is what I have come up with. I hope some of you will take part!

Win a Fisher F-Point Handheld Pinpointer MSRP $69.00 – And be part of one of our YouTube Compilation Slideshows!

Fisher’s handheld pinpointer is designed for pinpointing small, hard to find treasure and coins in the hole. It saves you time and energy! Fisher’s simple to use design makes locating those elusive targets easy - in any environment.

Features: Compact and Ergonomic; Easy one-knob operation; A fully static response, no motion required; Ignores most ground minerals; Detection depth to about 2.5-inches

Here’s How to Enter!

Snap a photograph of you best metal detecting or gold prospecting find – Gold Nugget; Flake Gold; Silver Coin; Ring; Bracelet; Civil War Relic; Wheat Penny, or whatever YOUR best find is. Make sure it is a GOOD photo of it, and email it to us with Your Full Name; Where it was found (City, or County & State); and your Phone Number.

You MUST state in the email: “I am the owner of this photograph, and I give Arizona Gold Adventures Inc., the One Time right to use this photograph in a “Our Friend’s Best Treasure Finds” slide show video for promotional purposes.”

Email Your Entry To: RichHillArizona@aol.com Entries must be received by Thursday, January 31, 2013, at 11pm Eastern Standard Time. Have your best find featured in our video, and you can Win - Good Luck!

If this works out, I have some New Gray Ghost Headphones, Garrett Gold Pan Kits, and some other goodies laying around for future giveaways.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hells bells Terry...

You've got more of my photos at --Real Gold Nuggets-- a big nugget from the honker patch at 0:46 sec and another one at 2:11 minutes.

"I believe In the true spirit of American capitalism" .... to use your words, if you want to pay for these photos you can buy the rights to them otherwise please take them down now!

Am I going to have to spend days looking through all your slide shows looking for my photos?

Russ

Edited by goldstudmuffin

Hells bells Terry...

You've got more of my photos at --Real Gold Nuggets-- a big nugget from the honker patch at 0:46 sec and another one at 2:11 minutes.

"I believe In the true spirit of American capitalism" .... to use your words, if your want to pay for these photos you can buy the rights to them otherwise please take them down now!

Am I going to have to spend days looking through all your slide shows looking for my photos?

Russ

I smell bratwurst and gunpowder.