Nugget Shooter Forums

Exciting Invitation to Beep for Old Timer's Treasure

Uncle Ron

Yo All ... I'm excited! I received a request this week to help a lady search for gold she says her father buried in their yard. The back story is that the local gas company had workers laying or replacing some underground piping and valves in the lady's yard last fall ... The lady wasn't home but her daughter was and she witnessed the workers dig up a piece of about 2-1/2 inch PVC pipe, about 2 feet long and capped on both ends ... The daughter said that the way the workers handled it indicated it was heavy ... Two days after they took the pipe and its contents, they returned with a supervisor and a back hoe and started digging odd holes in the yard not even close to where the gas line was ...

The lady's deceased father was a gold miner who had a very productive mine somewhere near Wickenburg ... He had told the lady when she was young that he had buried several treasures in their yard, in a general area, but didn't show her exactly where. ... She asked if I would bring my detector to see what I might find ... She's considering litigation against the gas company because they are not being responsive to her demands that the workers return the items they stole from her in the pipe ... She is convinced there was at least 10 ounces of gold in the pipe and maybe more ...

So, I'm heading over to see what we might find. ... This should be interesting!

Cheers, Unc

Aloha,

Typical thieving bastards. Good luck with finding the rest of the items before someone else gets to it.

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

• Like 1

Good luck and keep us posted if you find anything.

Tom

Just got back ... I went over, got my ML4500 all fired up with a NF 17E Mono on ... Found the two areas where the lady suspected he father may have buried his gold ... She said he had 10 one ounce + gold nuggets that he carried around in an egg carton under the seat of his truck ... She said he liked to show them off to friends ... He also had many other gold nuggets and gold and silver coins that they found stashed in all kinds of nooks and crannies throughout their property, but they never found the 10 nugget collection ... Her father didn't trust banks and didn't trust paper money so much of the cash he got, he converted to metals ...

I also learned that her daughter actually talked to the gas company workers who dug up the capped pvc pipe ... The daughter is not the brightest plus has a history of serious drug addiction ... She said the workers asked if she wanted the pipe ... She said she told them just to "do the right thing." ... So they took the pipe! ...

Cutting to the chase, I fired up the 4500 and the entire yard was like detecting on top of a car roof ... Impossible. But because the lady is not only certain that there is more buried treasure, plus, she lost a gold ring with two diamonds in the dirt floor of her basement, I'm going to have to come up with a Plan B ... Something that Discriminates!!!! ... I'll keep everyone posted! .. Cheers, Unc

Hope you have success. Have been talking with a guy that buried a number of kugerands quit some time back and he bought one of the deep seeking garrets but had no luck in finding where he buried them. He then bought a used 3500 that I had. I offered to help and didn't want any part of it and only wanted to take a few pictures if found with out relating as to who, where or what of the find and he refused. Talked to him about 8 months ago and he still hadn't found them and still refuses help. Maybe someday????

Just got back ... I went over, got my ML4500 all fired up with a NF 17E Mono on ... Found the two areas where the lady suspected he father may have buried his gold ... She said he had 10 one ounce + gold nuggets that he carried around in an egg carton under the seat of his truck ... She said he liked to show them off to friends ... He also had many other gold nuggets and gold and silver coins that they found stashed in all kinds of nooks and crannies throughout their property, but they never found the 10 nugget collection ... Her father didn't trust banks and didn't trust paper money so much of the cash he got, he converted to metals ...

I also learned that her daughter actually talked to the gas company workers who dug up the capped pvc pipe ... The daughter is not the brightest plus has a history of serious drug addiction ... She said the workers asked if she wanted the pipe ... She said she told them just to "do the right thing." ... So they took the pipe! ...

Cutting to the chase, I fired up the 4500 and the entire yard was like detecting on top of a car roof ... Impossible. But because the lady is not only certain that there is more buried treasure, plus, she lost a gold ring with two diamonds in the dirt floor of her basement, I'm going to have to come up with a Plan B ... Something that Discriminates!!!! ... I'll keep everyone posted! .. Cheers, Unc

Well.........ya tried!

Hopefully you can get a detector to disc and maybe find something for her.

Good luck Ron.

Tom H.

Does she sell old bottles? Just asking.... :4chsmu1:

No, she doesn't ... She's the mom of Dodacious' best friend.

Good Luck Uncle Ron..... hope you find it for her. I had a friend who was the sister of a very elderly sick woman and she asked me to help her at her sisters house before it sold...... Long story short i found five ammo canisters fully stuffed with $100 bills.I was offered a reward but took nothing. It just felt good to find it and Kharma has paid me back in other ways worth more than money..... I followed thru and the money did go to the right place:)

Joe

Edited by Joe Z
  • Like 1

No, she doesn't ... She's the mom of Dodacious' best friend.

Just asked because I got asked about 10 years ago to do almost the same thing for the bottle lady on HWY-60.... Good hunting dude and got my fingers crossed.

I think there's some great opportunity to help this lady recover some goodies that would make her life easier ... Cheers, Unc

Morning Unc....is it possible to get a tractor in that yard and scrape off about six inches off the top layer of dirt? Then

you would be rid of most of the trash....

I agree with Frank C,.about the thieving gas company employees.... :200:

Plan B: get the gas company foreman that was there with the backhoe and introduce him to a

"water board" party..... :brows:

Go here for instructions on how:

This ol'school Tesoro Golden Sabre has the dual stack system you need. First disc you set for misc yard junk and this feeds the filtered signal to the 2ND DISC WHICH YOU CAN EITHER ACCEPT A METAL OR REJECT A METAL. Great for findind specific items such as keys,brass corner geo tags and GOLD RINGS/COINS. Also works good indoors on floorboards/walls and such.post-23710-0-77094900-1358083064_thumb.jThats why I keep it as for your particuliar needs best for the job. Lotza luck and tell that druggie to sue sue sue-John

Reminds me of the grass area of our township pool. I was the only one to ever detect it. Every square inch covered with targets. After a while you learn the sound of jewelry. Look for big long targets with your detector pin pointer. I've been down that road many times and have used my Troy X5 to locate items in trash areas with the pin pointer feature. Works under metal bleachers also finding targets close to the frame work. Found a gold ring doing that

Edited by SGTFDA
  • Like 1