Nugget Shooter Forums

15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

Guest goldstudmuffin

I suspect the news will be looking for more of these stories. One thing about an AR is the intimidation factor. And most bad people know when they are out gunned. It's a great investment for peace of mind and it lets the bad guy's know that we're NOT playing games here. Good post Muf!

After being a lifelong hunter and gun owner, it is hard for me to comprehend the fact that some people want to ban guns. Some people, in fact, would like to ban hunting and even eating meat if they could. Some would ban smoking, salt, sugar and... yes, even large sodas.

Until now, I have never felt the need to own a firearm capable of holding more than 3 rounds which is the legal limit when hunting waterfowl. When it comes to hunting big game, most states allow 5 or 6 round magazines but I have always subscribe to the one shot principle -- if one shot won't do it, you don't shoot.

The "change" in this country is profound. Our liberties are on the ropes. Not only do I see a need for firearms capable of holding more than 5 rounds, I want one.

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun...

Steve

Aloha Steve,

Actually it shoudl read "The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a better gun and the knowledge of how to use it proficiently".

Almost the same thing BUT most crooks dont spend the time knowing their weapons and will sooner or later run into someone who does, then it will be all over for them. AMEN to the sermon!

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi