Nugget Shooter Forums

My mule thew a shoe!!!

TomH

Well piss...........

Had all kinds of plans to go out hunting for the next few weekends and wouldnt you know it...

my 87 4runner decided to start burning coolent instead of gas! ARG!!!!

Tore it all apart tonight and will be tearing into it tomarow trying to figure out what gasket blew.

Man...............there are 8 million tubes and connections on this thing just to pull the head.

Must have gone through a half a mile of tape just marking stuff and lots of pix!

Ill figure it out....but the bad part is going back together...takes 3 times as long as taking it apart :)

Leave some gold out there for me!

Good luck to you all that do get out there.

Tom H.

TH your first sentence was right on buddy.....might give Johnno a PM....he just finished a two month

ordeal similar to yours....or go over to the DIF forum and read the help post from our in house gear

heads....

Good luck

:cry2: O noble steed of the toyota breed :old: thee shall rise yet again from the ashes and acrid stench of burnt glycol :tisk-tisk: and once again :ROFL: rip,shred and tear along like a young colt once again :yesss: in that insideous addiction called mining :4chsmu1: John PS-22RE or turbo?????

Hope it's a quick fix, Tom.

Paul

Oh he'll figure it out, he always does. I don't know if you fellas know that his hobby is repairing F-16s at Luke Air Base. He is a first class mechanic, I tought him all he knows. (Ha ha ha.) I offered to use my Ford PU this weekend but he just has to get that mule fixed. He just can't rest with a broken machine. I'll go over and help him by washing parts for him, that makes it go a little faster. Used to be the other way around some years ago.

Old Tom

I'll go over and help him by washing parts for him, that makes it go a little faster. Used to be the other way around some years ago.

Old Tom , I mean BOSSMAN , what goes around comes around right.
You're a good man Charlie Brown. Any help while R & R engines is a bonus.

Welp...got it all torn down and it looks like a blown head gasket on #4 cylinder.

At least it wasnt anything major :)

Will take the head to the machine shop on monday and see about getting it milled and mabee some welding in the water jacket area.

This is going to be OOOODles of fun to put back together!

Tom

If it turns out to be a head gasket, make sure and resurface that head before you put it back together. Just did that job on my sisters TWICE, lesson learned.

Hey all:

Welp, got the head back on Thurs night and put it all back together on Fri/Sat.Hooked up 300 vacuum tubes and 400 electrical connectors to things that only God know what they do!

Yeeehaa..........The little yoto is up and running again.

Did some ops checks on it today and will be heading out into the gold fields tomarow morning.

Gotta go geet some nugs.....I feel the need :)

Good to go.

Tom H.

I learned a while back that if you so much as change the plugs on a 22r or later re engine... throw a head gasket at it, too :)

Trail Gear, Marlin Crawler, and LC Engineering has anything and everything you could ever want for those rigs, too. A couple if those are lines ny shop carries.

I learned a while back that if you so much as change the plugs on a 22r or later re engine... throw a head gasket at it, too :)

Trail Gear, Marlin Crawler, and LC Engineering has anything and everything you could ever want for those rigs, too. A couple if those are lines ny shop carries.

Glenn,

I've only worked on one 22R engine and I did change the plugs, why would changing the plugs cause you to need a head gasket?

Never to old to learn something new I always say!

Glenn,

I've only worked on one 22R engine and I did change the plugs, why would changing the plugs cause you to need a head gasket?

Never to old to learn something new I always say!

Kind of a tongue in cheek reply......

The 22r's and the V6s Toyota put out are notorious for blowing head gaskets.

Give me a cast iron head any day!

Nothing like the old American iron.

Tom H.

Archived