Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Uruacu Space Rock Pendant

Finally finished this and thought I would share. It's from one of the chunks I brought back from Don's place the last time I was there.

post-1252-0-49317200-1357847535_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-91036500-1357847558_thumb.jp

Dang, that is beautiful freestyle work...Is that a graphite inclusion right in the center?

If you treat that with etching compound will the pattern show or are those Ataxite meteorites?

So, Many questions...

fred

WoW!

That looks Sharp. :4chsmu1:

I'm just a jeweler and know Nothing about space rocks

Looks like it was Tumbled?

That polished up really nice!

Dang El D.....do you mean I gave something that looks that good away for free???? :th:

Beautiful piece Steve! Wow!! :thumbsupanim

Don I was going to sell it, but if you want it I will let you have it the next time you come to the US or I can send you the end cut all nice and polished

Homey, I polished in on my cab machine.

Morning Steve.....great looking work you did there but I'm not a "indian giver"....it belongs with you....besides it

might clash with pink.....

Next time your down this way we'll try to find a few more of those pieces.....if your new knees and my old hips

will make the climb up the friggin mountain again.....

Or if your interested I'll look to see if I still have a few pieces laying around here somwhere

that would make a nice bolo tie.....

El D, very nice in deed! I still have that piece you made for my wife. She wears often, and I always comment on how nice it looks...

Jason

While detecting today for gold I found a very large hole and ten feet from the hole is a very heavy

(100lbs?) iron meteorite......can't tell by the dirt in hole how long it's been since dug up....but I think

possibly a slight rust has already started.....I'm planning to try and get it in the pick-up tomorrow and

bring it to the house....so my question is how should I store it to stop/prevent more rust.....

post-300-0-26018800-1359490476_thumb.jpg post-300-0-86641900-1359490603_thumb.jpg this piece is 17.7 miles from the Uruacu fall....

Don U R A LUCKY BOY :4chsmu1:

Its most likely going to continue to rust until the existing moisture within evaporates.
I have been told in the past to place them in a low heat oven for awhile to dry out then plastic bag it.
That may not be the best way to handle it I'm sure someone with utmost knowledge should be consulted bud.

I don't know Frank....you ever try to lift a 100 lb football? :89:

Don ifn I spotted that baby just sittn there on the ground m,,,,hernea or no hernea it woulda been in my truck an gone before you could say, ZIP ZIP

actually, since you live in a jungle, you can't eliminate the humidity that contributes to the rusting...I would store it out of the rain and weather and away from additonal humidity such as kitchen and bathrooms...you might try drying it in some moisture absorbing medium such as those crystals that come in little packetts with some goods...

a layer of surface rust will help protect the core...that is a real beauty!

fred

i was going to compliment on the beautiful pendant. and then i saw the 100lb find. wow, wow, wow.

Everybody it took some doing but the iron is now in the back of my Toyota.....now I ask you should I

have some slices cut off....I have a friend here who owns a rock and marble shop

if you cut it choose carefully...that is very interesting as it is...some buyers may want it whole and untouched...

if, I had it cut, I would level the base that you have it sitting on and then etch the slice to be sure it pairs with the other you mentioned...

fred

It started pouring rain about 30 minutes after I got home....maybe tomorrow I can get some better close

up pics

Fred it's funny you should mention the base....it's so flat that it looks like it's been machined flat

if you cut it choose carefully...that is very interesting as it is...some buyers may want it whole and untouched...

if, I had it cut, I would level the base that you have it sitting on and then etch the slice to be sure it pairs with the other you mentioned...

fred

Fred after looking at this piece closer I don't think it's part of the Uruacu fall....I'll try to put pics of the two side

by side so you can see the difference