Nugget Shooter Forums

got the skunk again...

Ahorton10

I went out with some good ol boys today and I was the only one who got skunked...granted it was only my second try with a detector and it was a loaner from a friend. Overall a succesful trip and a great time. Thanks shawn, Mike and will for a good time and great learning experience, my nuggets will come, just gotta pay those dues..

Ahorton,

I always go out with the hope to get some fresh air, exercise, and good fun. If I get some gold, great!!! But it's the activity that keeps bringing me back.

Keep trying...

Paul

Don't feel bad A10 as I got skunked twice this week already but oh what fun hangn' offa cliffside over a roarn' ragn' creek. Lets ya know a old dog is still alive hahahaha-John :old:

Hey John ... With age comes wisdom not to hang off those cliffs not because of the precarious position but the cold water below ... I guess wisdom hasn't reached you yet! :idunno: Perhaps you need a couple more years! :brows:

:old: Mike F :old:

Even when skunked I usually find it was a fun adventure and quite superior to cleaning the chicken coop, watching TV, or doing chores.... Today I have to work in the NS Store most of the day, but it is only 26 out there right now....

Thanks guys, getting skunked wasn't necessarily a complaint. I didn't expect to find much of anything my second time out and I'm extremely happy to get to try out a couple detectors and to have a good time out in the desert. Will got his first gold and taught us all a little bit about taking our time really checking an area. The day was definately not a loss for me, in fact the gold fever is worse then ever!

I purchased my first detector today, its an old original gold bug and I can't wait to get out and try it. I'm sure I've got some learning to do, and soon ill master manual ground balance LOL. Thanks for the encouragement guys, hopefully ill be showing off some nuggets soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Adam, Will and Shawn, as promised, here's is the video of finding those nuggs that day. It was a fun day and looking forward to doing it again. And Adam, I have a "Skunk" hat, wear it all the time and it looks good on me. You'll get over your first nugg as long as you keep burning the batteries. Congrats on your new detector. The next time in town, I'll give you a shout to check out some places with me. Cheers!!! Mike

BTW> I just have fun with the videos. Started doing it a few years ago while chasing coins in Nebraska. Gives me something to watch during the winter here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video Mike, and the company for the day. Hurry back out and we will hit it again. Adam can show us how that goldbug works.

Adam, we should call ken and get him to meet us also.

Anyhow, great video Mike. I really enjoyed watching it.