Nugget Shooter Forums

My head still hurts from bein struck sooo hard!

Fellers, I gotta tell ya, I just got back up on my desk chair from the floor, from bein struck in the head soo hard as if I'd been struck by a rock fallin from space,(or as if my ole lady had clocked me with a fryin pan).Ya'll gonna love this! The law says that I can NOT sell fer profit any meteorite or rock specimen that I pluck from the ground that's federal land, right? Even if I'm on a legit prospecting claim. That's fine! I do believe, however that it's perfectly legal to give them away fer free! So this stranger comes along and wants to know if the 20.3 gm. Gold Basin, L-4 chondrite fragment I have displayed is fer sale, I had to tell him NO! (ha,ha,ha,ha,...this is killin me!). I did let him know that he could have it fer free, under one stipulation. And that he must pay me for 3 other things in order to have it fer free. He agreed. And these are the 3 things I can legaly charge fees for....#1, I want $20. fer the photo of it I took at the time, in situ. #2, I want $20. fer the discription card I had made that discribes where it was found-(gps cords), the date, and it's composition-(to the best of my knowledge), and #3 services rendered (manual labor), that is, I did bring it home and then sat at my kitchen table fer 2+ hrs. sanding it smooth and then polishing it to a glass smooth shine in order to be able to see the different colors and bits of metal. Fer a grand total of $60.- and after payin this total fer 3 things, I was willin to throw in a FREE meteorite fragment, and I ain't broke a single law!!!!!! So the sign above my table at my local mineral show where I've rented a table says:::: FREE Meteorites w/ the purchase of related stuff! So There Smithsonian, Bugger OFF and sue me!

Edited by rockhunter1620

That sounds perfectly legal to me...good thinking! :thumbsupanim NO wait a minute...you forgot travel expenses....20 more dollars! :D

Edited by Rimshot

I know a feller who sold boiled eggs at the fair for $1.50 each and if you bought one you got a free beer to wash it down with. It was such a great marketing idea it got him three years in the pinta.

I wonder how they think they could actually enforce this sort of insane regulation? It seems the laws are there not so much to stop an individual from selling a meteorite but to make the larger statement that if you intend to sell things you find on public land that Big Brother wants a cut of the action. I see where they feel justified in feeling that way. I hope they see where I feel justified in blatantly breaking the law.

There was once the day when a man did what he did because he was free to do it. Welcome to the age where a man does what he does because no one can stop him. That is about how much difference it all makes. People only obey the laws they want to obey anyway. Laws do not stop people from doing what they are going to do. Laws just change the way that people go about doing them.

I am a bit confused.....

What really determines what is and is not a meteorite ?

if we think the whole earth colesed from gas in space...and as gas and rock adhered together it became a ball in space....which part are not really meteors in its original origin ?

That's the whole Odasity of the crap that dribble from there lips.

As Per the 1906 Antiquities Act, If I pick up a coin I lost 50 years ago I'm breaking the law.

I'm over 50 years old! Am I a Antiquity?

Bottom line is I ain't crossed their botttom line, if they come a callin, i aint't a answerin, their word against mine. In the famious last words of hoser J,---- ain't seeen nothin, aint't done done nothin, got no idea :idunno: musta been some other body, but it ain't me :old:

Edited by rockhunter1620

Frank don't worry about the feds.
If they come a callin it'll be like a mountain lion.
You'll never know it till their on ya and they ain't leavin till they get somethin.
Its just the way it is they got more mumbo jumbo than you can shake a stick at.
And they won't go home empty handed.
Can't go back to the office without something.