Nugget Shooter Forums

Is this a meteorite?

Was given this by a friend of mine, she said she found it... Stuck a magnet to it and determined it was real... I'd like to get more information, I've used a 27 lb pull earth magnet that I use on gold and silver and stuck it to this rock...

It overloads my jewelry scale but is >200 grams I am sure,,, fairly heavy for it's size.

She needs to pay some vet bills and is hoping this will get her part of the way there. I've got a few opinions already but I want to leave them out as to hear what others have to say.

It was found ""railroad tracks in holbrook arizona about 5 years ago""

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sean

PS: I had all images posted but it kept saying I was exceeding the limit, I've removed all but 2 images and provided a link to the rest.

http://s1122.beta.ph...brary/Meteorite

2013-01-05_20-09-31_126_zpsf47d4677.jpg

2013-01-05_20-09-22_346_zps5e5a0ea5.jpg

Edited by Sean1125

Not meteorite, looks like RR slag. Sorry.

Keep looking, though, they're out there.

Edited by EdD270

Bob, you ain't much fun since you quit drinkin'....

for the record this is a joke...I have no idea if Bob drinks, chews or rolls in white dust...

but I am still glad he came back

fred

Nobody is much fun since I quit drinking Fred. The whole world turned into a whole bunch of p&i<ks. Then I quit tobacco and all the p&i<ks turned into downright ornery a$$ holes. I am just plain terrified of what might happen to humanity if I quit rolling in white dust.