Nugget Shooter Forums

What would you do if Your Name was on this List?

I wouldn't want my information shared but I wouldn't want the bad guys to think I am vulnerable by not being on that list. An absolute boneheaded move by a liberal newspaper that doesn't surprise me one bit. There is an example of liberal logic (or the lack of it).

Looks like some one is going to do a BackGround check on all Employee's and post what is Public Record.

LOL! Wonder what they find.

Never, Never Through Rocks in a Glass house!

Yep, here in White Plains, people are VERY upset. I know a lot of police officers who were on the map, and they are REALLY angry. This may end up making it harder to get gun owner info for the public, but it is an excellent reminder that if the gooberment knows you have a gun, EVERYBODY knows you have a gun. Paraise the Lord, and pass the ammunition! :grr01:

PS - I love Jeanine Pirro! She was a Westchester Family Court Judge in 1991, and told Ex #2 to "Shut up, and sit down," when she started to whine that I should not get Joint Custody of our children. I was the first Father in Westchester County to ever win Joint Physical Custody - Thank you Judge Pirro!

Edited by Terry Soloman

Terry;

The list was for legal permit holders, am I correct?

Does the law there say that you must have this particular permit to own a gun? Or was this list only a partial list of legal gun owners?

Where did the media get this information??? If a State issues permits they should be held responsible for protecting the permitee's privacy too. Most of the time when laws like those are drafted that responsibility is outlined. Whenever a State collects information that could be sensitive they are keenly aware of the privacy issues involved.

It seems that the State of New York made it mandatory to be on a list in order to legally defend yourself and then allowed that list to be used in a way that put them at risk.

Lists of gun owners are very valuable. In my neck of the woods half the males over the age of 14 have a heroin addiction that costs them $200 a day. They make that money stealing and their favorite target is firearms. To them, getting into a house with a few handguns is like finding a nugget patch for us. I don't know about how this type of thing will affect an area like White Plains, New York, but in rural Northern New Mexico it would certainly be a hit list for every junkie in the land.

And down along the border where a gun increases in value by 300% by getting it across? A list of gun owners in Deming or Las Cruces would bring a liability that you could not possibly imagine.

The State gave up the Info under the Freedom of Information Act.

It seems there was more info provided that did not get published. SSN ? Don't know but even the paper did not publish it.

On Youtube some people are saying the address is ok because the bad man will not go to those homes! LOL

Unlike a bunch of folks , I'm betting most of those folks with the permits have jobs and go to work?

Like the Bad man would not know that?

This guy didn't get the Journal delivered to his home and missed the mark on where to go and where not to go :

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE?rel=0

Could resist as this is one of my favorite"commercials"!

Mike F

The FOI act does not include sensitive lists. The State may have screwed up when it passed the legislation and not protected that list under the law. There are MANY permits that are issued that the lists will not be divulged under any circumstances. This should certainly have been one of them. Take the licencing of illegal aliens in New Mexico for instance. That is a protected list due to the fact that the people who apply for a license with a matriculacion document could be targeted. It was declared protected by law when they created the legislation. Medical marijuana permits too.

I know it is against the law to compile a list of people who own guns on the federal level. If you making permitting mandatory and then release the list you are in effect doing just that on a State level. It is a really screwed up deal.

Lists of gun owners are very valuable. In my neck of the woods half the males over the age of 14 have a heroin addiction that costs them $200 a day. They make that money stealing and their favorite target is firearms. To them, getting into a house with a few handguns is like finding a nugget patch for us. I don't know about how this type of thing will affect an area like White Plains, New York, but in rural Northern New Mexico it would certainly be a hit list for every junkie in the land.

And down along the border where a gun increases in value by 300% by getting it across? A list of gun owners in Deming or Las Cruces would bring a liability that you could not possibly imagine.

How could those people be so selfish,, stupid and not care what happens to those people whose addresses and info of where the guns

can be found It seems that the people behind all this have been woorking to close to model airlplane glue.

Does it take a revolition or something to wake these morons up and out of power..

Terry;

The list was for legal permit holders, am I correct?

Does the law there say that you must have this particular permit to own a gun? Or was this list only a partial list of legal gun owners?

Where did the media get this information??? If a State issues permits they should be held responsible for protecting the permitee's privacy too. Most of the time when laws like those are drafted that responsibility is outlined. Whenever a State collects information that could be sensitive they are keenly aware of the privacy issues involved.

It seems that the State of New York made it mandatory to be on a list in order to legally defend yourself and then allowed that list to be used in a way that put them at risk.

In the state of New York, you need a permit to own a PISTOL (New York City has its own permit seperate from the rest of the state and five-times harder to get!). No permits are needed for long guns, however you still go through the Federal background check so you are on a "list." The Journal News also wanted to publish the names of long gun owners, but didn't want to wait an additional six-weeks for the info. Here's the thing - for every legal gun in New York, there are rednecks like me - and criminals - that have three more nobody knows about. Other Counties here in New York are refusing to give out gun owner information now, and telling the Newspaper to sue them if they don't like it. Who would have thought New Yorkers would be so Pro-gun? The newspaper is screwed. They now have armed guards at the offices on Westchester Avenue, and all of their employees's names, phone numbers and home addresses have been published online. Many of THEM have now bought guns. Ironic.

Edited by Terry Soloman

The way I see it there is going to be a whole lot of litigation as people on this list feel the effects. There will certainly be some of them that will be robbed, harassed or have trouble at work etc.etc. If they can prove the list caused or facilitated a hardship threre will be good grounds to file a lawsuit. Whether they may prevail or not is of secondary importance here. Insuring the privacy and security of law abiding citizens is the main focus. This should bring about changes whenever our overlords decide they are going to meddle.

The gun control debate is tired and worn out. We can preach, pontificate reason and debate. No one from either side is going to change any minds. Sadly enough no one on either side will accept the valid and important elements of both sides of the argument. And even sadder the fact that both sides are highly influenced by the extreme elements that cause our problems to be so insurmountable in the first place.

However difficult this debate will become I think it is high time we had it. It may just be the issue that brings us together or drives us completely apart. At some point there must be a reckoning. If it is not a compromise it will be a force feeding. If not either of those it will be a revolt. But whatever it is it needs to be soon. America must get over this silly a$$ political bickering and get back to the job at hand. And the job at hand is not debating gun control. The whole subject is nothing but a knee jerk reaction thrown out there by the media to create a story. It was an emotional reaction to a mass shooting and not a solution to any real impending problem in America.

With all of the issues we have on our plate today we are once again being sidetracked by a media puppet show. It shows how dull and apathetic we really have become as a nation. It has been said that the island of New York was purchased for a few shiny beads. Today Americans give away their freedoms, divide themselves and make this country weak by indulging on unfounded fears on both sides. We seem to either busy ourselves worrying about someone shooting us, or someone taking our guns away. The real threat is neither but we cant seen to keep our eyes off the shiny diversions they keep waving in front of our faces. Our government will not enslave us, neither will it save us. We can only do that for ourselves.

It seems like it is a race between both sides to see who can ruin this country first.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

If I was on the gun owners list.....

#1- lock n load, place high capacity clips in every room loaded with fresh wad-cutters....

#2- adjust sensors and camera's for optimum viewing.....

#3- clear shrubs and flower beds for most effective fire lanes......

#4- hang a body bag in plain view of the front and back doors.....

#5- two spare cell batteries on stand-by charge.....

#6- place water bottles and snacks in every battle station.....

#7- adjust sling, confirm max rounds in 12 ga. Bernellie.....

#8- place sign by curb: "bring medicine to front door, home alone"......