Nugget Shooter Forums

Protect your tracking button

fredmason

As most are aware the tracking button on a Minelab Pi detector are an expensive assembly to replace. Also, the button is not as durable as it could be. So, to protect my button while in transport I cut the bottom from a 16 oz water bottle ( I drink the water first) and slip it over the handle...it fits nicely and the button and handle will never gets banged around while sitting in my detector box.

fred

Fred.... :useless: I just replaced mine with a minute dab of PC7 in the little white

column that was attached to the button before it went for a walk about and then put a shirt button

into the PC7 so it squirted up through the holes....let it set over night and it works great.....

Actually the button Assembly is just a little pop in piece in the top of the handle....it removes very

easily once you take the foam rubber hand grip off....then you have the button assembly with it's

cord to the detector....

I emailed Minelab in AU if they would send me the email of the company that makes the handle

for them so I could possibly order a couple of the button assemblies.....so far they haven't responded...

My pics of the finished product are in "tech tips".....sure beats paying $132.00 for one....

Sure Flak...I can do that...

Gar...I don't see why cutting the bottom from a bottle should require exacting directions...kind of reminds me of the old saying about "couldn't pour ___ out of a bucket with the directions written on the bottom" but since you often write interesting bits I will get out the camera and see it I can make a pic that is clear...just for you.

BTW; this won't save the button from overeager and rough handling compadres.

fred

Edited by fredmason

No problem Fred....you just answered my question about rough handling.....just found this on ebay....says

he's in Las Vegas .....handle and button for $99.99...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Minelab-Handle-Quick-Track-Button-GPX-and-GP-metal-Detectors-/310558264861?pt=US_Metal_Detector_Accessories&hash=item484eb70e1d

Guest goldstudmuffin

Sure Flak...I can do that...

Gar...I don't see why cutting the bottom from a bottle should require exacting directions...kind of reminds me of the old saying about "couldn't pour ___ out of a bucket with the directions written on the bottom" but since you often write interesting bits I will get out the camera and see it I can make a pic that is clear...just for you.

BTW; this won't save the button from overeager and rough handling compadres.

fred

I liked it... :inocent: and the water bottle button protector too! Thanks!

Edited by goldstudmuffin