Nugget Shooter Forums

Case return?

So, I get a new computer and it is Windows 8. So far so good I suppose. But I notice that my case return key does not work in the editor window. What the heck is going on? I have tried about everything I know to make that sucker skip a line and create a new paragraph. So far no problems with it in any other program or on other forums...the "enter" key acts like it should. But in the Nuggetshooter editor the "enter" key seems to be dead.

I think it's your avatar causing it Bob.......LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rimshot

With that camera Bob you can now deliver all your jabs and barbs ( all in fun and jest of course ... well mostly :brows: ) directly with Skype! I use it a lot to contact folks back east.

Good luck with the new computer!

Mike F

lol Bob! Nice!

I did a search but didn't find any probs with win 8. Not sure what could cause the prob. I'll keep looking. Maybe one of the little icons where you type in your topic is clicked. When I post sometimes it like has a mind of its own. Thing's will be clicked that I didn't do. Weird.

It is a pretty cool little camera. I like the effects. I can even send someone special a little e-card video.

I installed Google Chrome and now I can hit the case return and it seems to work. It has solved a few other problems I was having with the editor too. Hopefully that is all it was.

Yup you can get skype, yahoo IM, or Microsoft messenger and can talk live audio with video free of charge. It's pretty cool stuff. Also on Yahoo IM you can make conference calls without video. Kinda like private messenger here but you don't have to type. Just talk.

Hahahaha!! I was thinking more along the lines of Hugh Hefner but yea I think Austin Powers might have as well which puts you in good company Bob!!

And all I frickin' wanted was frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads....

When you said "ascot" I automatically thought "Macanudo". I love those darn things but I have not had one in five years or so. I had no idea that an "ascot" was a type of silk tie until I Googled it. I thought it was a cigar and I had no idea how you saw one in the clip.

These big silk scarfs are all the rage here. They are a lot warmer than buttoning up a collar all the way and a heck of a lot more comfortable on the neck. I have heard that the pilots that flew the old bi-planes in WWI all had silk scarves because their necks would chafe from constantly looking around for hours. I bet Heff looks around a lot and has a problem with his neck chafing too.

Bob! Is that new computer a Tashiba?

Mine has the Built in camera but I found I can't get a USB based Camera to work on it.

On my old Tashiba I had a Regular Web cam I could twist out the Lens to the point it was about to fall out and it did cool Photo's of Coins and stuff.

post-21985-0-21720200-1357347593_thumb.j

Well, Bob, that's just about the funniest abuse of new computer powers I've ever seen ... You look like you write! ... Cheers, Unc

Don't worry "AscotBob"...you wear it well my friend!! Although in Hefs case, his chafing is very easily remedied by others. :brows:

It is an HP Homefire. Pavilion g7 is what it says on the case.

I was surprised to see how much computers have come down in price. This one has a lot more stuff than my old one and was 1/4 the price that I paid 5 years ago. I was looking at a Toshiba but this one was a bunch cheaper because it was a display model. So I got the whole shootin' match with Microsoft Office loaded on it and a year of tech support for $450 bucks out the door.

My only sore spot is the "swipe" thing...I am always opening the "Start Menu" or invoking some sort of magic to happen whenever I try to move the mouse. But when I try to "swipe" with the mouse I cant seem to do it. I am going to have to practice "swiping" when I am supposed to swipe and not swiping when I am not supposed to be swiping.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA, yeah there are little goofy tricks you can perform on the edges if it is a laptop. The right pulls out settings, the left pulls out the previously open tiles, and the top throws the open tile into the previous bin on the left, I think. Windows 8 is goofy. I just bipass the first window and go to the normal desktop.