Nugget Shooter Forums

The Ugliest Gold Nugget's?

Rimshot

How about some of you guys show us some of your ugliest gold nugget's. The gold nugget's that a rookie might not think are gold.... :brows: I've seen a few here that would have fooled me and i'm sure they have fooled others as well. Thank's!

Most all of them are ugly when first light is seen as they are covered/coated with dirt/mud/caliche/other minerals.

You don't see any gold on some untill its wiped/cleaned off.

My biggest one was dug up and it was just a rock totally covered with dirt/mud untill I wiped it an saw the glint of color it wasjust a mudball that set the detector off.

Well Frank with you not being a rookie, I can see how it's not important to you. But I have seen some here that appeared to have been rinsed with only water, and i'm not sure if i would have recognized them as being gold. And just because a gold dectector beeps on it doesn't mean that it's a 100% chance of being gold. Oh well....sorry to waste bandwidth. :idunno:

Here're the ugliest nuggets , even after washing cleaning only some dirts came off but the color would not changed.

blackuglysmallsize.jpg

Those are exactly what i'm talking about. Thank you for posting them Paul.

:idunno: never saw a ugly nugget :nutty: ugly womans--ugly cars---ugly attitudes--ugly day--ugly weather---ugly politicians--ugly situations but nope :old: never a ugly nugget- some just need mo'work :thumbsupanim ---John
  • Like 2

The point of this post is if a rookie found some gold that looks just like Paul's, there's a good chance he'll look at it and think "awe sheeeet" this ain't gold and chunk it over their shoulder....This might explain why some have actually found gold just laying on top of the ground. :4chsmu1: