Nugget Shooter Forums

GPAA LSD Area Claims

SLNugget

Vulture Bait does have a few spots that have produced some dinks in the past ... Probably more favorable for drywashing these days, but a beautiful and peaceful area off the beaten track ... Cheers, Unc

Thanks Adam and Ron. Even a dink would be great right about now. I have been up to VB but was digging and running a recirc sluice with my friend

Chris. Very little to show for it yet. I think we have to fine tune Chris' gear a bit more. Will know more about that later this week when he runs the tailings from the sluice to see if we were just blowing it out the end. I did see a number of places I am going back to to swing my detector. There was a lot more activity up there than you would expect IMO. Anyone else have any comments about this subject? Oh, Happy New Year to everyone. Be safe.

Many of the GPAA claims in LSD are more known for fine gold and flakes. Not too many nuggets in recent years, if any.

Vulture Bait is off the beaten path, but still gets plenty of traffic.

Sometimes ya just gotta get even further off the path, beaten or not, to get at the goods.

There was a lot more activity up there than you would expect IMO. Anyone else have any comments about this subject? Oh, Happy New Year to everyone. Be safe.

Every time I have driven by VB ( and thats alot) there has been very little to zero activity back in there. Someone finally went and redid the markers properly though. Remember VB is a 160 acre claim I think, and it would take quite a while for a guy to beep the shallow gullies and piddler tribs. Heck theres a couple spots right along the side of the road I have been thinking about beeping , but im not a member. The hillsides deserve a beeping too...Keep in mind to , that VB is at the headwaters of the Ox Wash, one of the big producers of the area, and there was a commercial opperation just downstream. Lots of claims surround Vulture Bait to the south, east & west.

Good luck out there....

I have been there with no luck both drywashing and sniping. No dinks and very little drywashing but maybe haven't hit the right place yet. :grr01: Worked it about a month ago for three days. It does see a lot of traffic and someone else was working it too all three days I was there. Make sure you are within the claim as it is surrounded by other claims as Adam said. GPS helps and the markers are visible. :4chsmu1:

Edited by Sledge

Thanks guys. Adam, it is 160 acres and you are right about the many tribs that look good. At least to me, but I wonder if I know what I'm looking at sometimes.. I will check out some more spots for sure since it's near me. Patience has never been my strongest characteristic unfortunately. I appreciate

the help and information.