Nugget Shooter Forums
adam

4 day recon & some nugs....

Met up with boulderdash to hunt new, and some not so new ground. :brows: If the world was going to end, guess I`d rather be chasing nugs when it happens :nutty: Many miles were hiked with alot of focus on tributaries. Old handstacks, prospector camps, and other interesting things were found along the way ... :thumbsupanim At one point, Boulderdash hit six nuggets in one dropout. Amazing !!

Old camp area with a wind break, and some 3/8 screen:

DSC05444.jpg

DSC05474.jpg

Old well head , and rock dwelling in background:

DSC05455.jpg

Iced over minelab. The gold bugs and headphones were on the front , all iced over as well.. :grr01:

DSC05462.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

DSC05479.jpg

The take: Mine are above the dime , Boulderdash`s stash is below. :brows: Nice goin man !! :200:

DSC05482.jpg

• Like 3

Nice gold guys, but you're killin' me........;-)

That's a golden Christmas for sure

Fantastic trip fer u guys CONGRATS an don't fergit to REPOUND that place.

Hapy Christmas

WTG Adam...Nice gold, good friend and you didnt freeze to death!

Too cold for me to be out in a tent camping. :)

Glad you got some yellow stuff.

Tom H.

Yea we had a blast. It is amazing to me all the washes and tribs that have never been detected. Like Adam said many miles hiking. We were able to cover lots of ground with a great system of hop scotch detecting and hitting obvious areas. We hit approx 18 New tribs and washes 7 of the washes had detectable gold. Most of those were 1 or 2 nug washes. Like Adam said I hit a nice drop out in a trash filled wash, first one was a .6 grammer in blowsand. Rechecking my hole screaming target then I see the glint of gold and the largest arrowhead nugget came out. Recheck the hole boom screaming target again for a .3 grammer. All in all those six pieces paid for my trip. We even found a few sunbakers from the recent storms. My total was 5.1 grams from mostly new ground.

Very nice gold guys ... Great reward for some hard work .. Bet there's some nice upper bench gold in those gullies too! ... Cheers, Unc

Nice gold, guys! That's a fine addition to the poke and some good lookin' nuggets.

Paul

Yes sir that was some good hunting guys and thanks for sharing... Brrrrrr

WTG Adam...Nice gold, good friend and you didnt freeze to death!

Too cold for me to be out in a tent camping. :)

Glad you got some yellow stuff.

Tom H.

Tom , that boulderdash guy just sleeps under the frost.... :nutty::D But when his detector thaws out, he sure can find some gold in a hurry :head:

Edited by adam

The secret is a foam underlayment with two sleeping bags one inside the other. Slept in some 17 degree night at empty pockets patch did not get cold at all. Actually i get better sleep in the desert.

The secret is a foam underlayment with two sleeping bags one inside the other. Slept in some 17 degree night at empty pockets patch did not get cold at all. Actually i get better sleep in the desert.

I prefer turning the heater on in the RV :P

Tom

Thanks Guys for sharing, enjoyed reading about your adventure & the pictures,, First off I wished I was there, but sleeping on the ground played hell with that wish, back to fondling my gold & reliving my adventures of yeastier years,.wishing you guys all the adventures & good gold in days & years to come. Chucktx