Nugget Shooter Forums

Well I Graduated

Nugget Shooter

To the no backpack battery and hanging power cord club today, well at least I only have my headphone wires to deal with anyway thanks to Doc's system. Check it out pretty cool beans man and now I can simply take off my headset and walk away without the power cord attached to my backpack. Lot less snagging now as well when walking through brush. Thanks Doc for a great product!

2012-12-14_14-24-01_313.jpg

Bill, how much does that batt. weigh. what is the total hrs. of detecting before charging. I use external speakers so there would be no wires to tangle in the bushes. i also use a hip stik with some of my larger coils.

Harry

I have not weighed it Harry but here is the info from Doc's site and he says 14 ounces gives you 7 to 8 hours of detecting power, my prices are the same and it comes with 2 batteries.... Bill http://www.goldscreamer.com/

Nice setup Bill :head: I had the same setup when I was trying to go totally wireless but the bluetooth did'nt work out :idunno: and besides that the batteries take way longer to charge than the ML lithium battery and I can get 2 days out of it :4chsmu1: I'll stick with the stock setup and deal with wires hanging up :head: Mike C... :200:

• Like 1

Bill,

Cool setup, I run one similar, but I have a slimline 10000mA Li-Po battery that fits in the flap of the detector cover, that hooks up to an external amp.

Dave.

post-1046-0-03865000-1355533929_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-45068400-1355533948_thumb.jp

Having a spare battery on those long hikes is a must and the small batteries make it real easy to toss an extra in the pack. I have four total and a car charger, and one battery charges over night in the truck, just in case.

Yup I also am keeping one in the backpack as well and without that big battery I have room for other stuff in my camel pack pouch now

Hi all just for clarification- Im not saying that Docs battery setup sucks its a good solid compact unit :head: I guess I've just got use to the stock batteries after all these years swinging the deeper beepers :nutty: with that said I guess I'm just old school which works just fine for me :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got to use this set up last Sunday. It was nice. Much easier setting down the detector to dig a target. And not having it be all in your way. Plus not near as many snags when cutting through the brush.

I give it 2 thumbs up! :thumbsupanim

I've been running this set up for years, got on of Doc's 1st set ups and then updated later, its the only way to go, now I just have to find a good wireless headphone set. Maybe find someone to swing the detector and I can listen to the headphones.

Reminds me years ago when I sponsered some detector hunts, I had one hunt that there were 3 people to a team, one was swinging the detector another was wearing the headphones and the 3rd person was the retriever or digger, now you want to see a bunch of hollering and swearing give it a try sometime, lots of fun

Edited by Allen in MT

couple of years ago, my 4500 battery died and had no backup. Did buy a new Minelab batt, but as a backup, bought Docs first run on this (the batt pac and separate amp). Never used it, cause it was bulky. Did and still do, charge batts every month (for backup, if needed). Is there any market for setup I have? or electronic genius that can put it all in one box?

Shep