Nugget Shooter Forums

Visit from Austrailia....

Nugget Shooter

Well late this afternoon Mikayla drove my truck up to the post office to get the mail and a couple guys saw the Minelab stuff on my truck and asked where my shop was. She led them to the land that time forgot and my shop than came to the house to tell me a customer was at the shop so I headed right over to see what was needed. Right away I recognized the tall slim fellow, but couldn't remember where the heck I had seen him before.

Well turns out it was Trevor and Mark from Coiltek come to pay a visit and talk coils as well as fill me in on what is up with Coiltek. Well it was a great visit and folks there are some exciting things going on in the world of detector coils and I am excited about the new Blitz Coil line as well as the new coils made exclusively for the Minelab X-Terra series detectors.

I already have told you what I think about these new coils from Coiltek and when you see me in the field the 14 inch elliptical Blitz is usually fastened to my lower rod and I have been kicking some serious nugget butt since getting one.

Anyway glat to have been able to have met Trevor in person as well as Mark and looks like some good stuff is coming down the pipe folks....

Stay Tuned :D

That's cool Bill! So does this mean the X-Terra 705 will be getting some new frequencies to work with? Just curious as usual.

Rim

Funny you should mention ... makes me wonder if they were at Cabela's around noon today as I saw a guy wearing what appeared to be a coiltec corporate shirt coming out of the men's room as I was going in.

Mike F

Guest goldstudmuffin

I got to spend some time with Trevor nugget hunting and around the campfire... it's a great way to get to know someone, he's a good guy!

Hey Trevor do you still have that Arizona 1.8 ounce souvenir? If you want to try for another one while your here in Arizona let me know!

Russ

Hi Bill and all,

Yep thats correct, I have come over to catch up with a few dealers and also invest some time in seeing our new distribution centre which will hold all our stock until it is requested by our fantastic dealer network.

It sure was great to meet you in person Bill and see your great operation, plus share some good energy about the industry and what lies ahead for Coiltek and the US market! :D It was also great to know i was in the famous Rich Hill and LSD country which i read all about when you people post forum info. As i mentioned to Bill, i would love to come over and have a swing out here for a few days and it looks like beautiful country and i might even snag a piece or two...

Thanks for taking the time to have a chat as i know we surprised you when we dropped in but you graciously spent time with us. I also had a chance to catch a burger at the Wild West Saloon which mark took me to and i will remember this trip for a long time.

Rim; yes we already now make the 15" All Terrain coil in all frequencies which we released in October so you can check out the reports on the website. If you mean that there might be other frequencies than the 3 already out there then i am sorry to say that we are restricted to the current 3 as we make our XTERRA coils with approval from Minelab and that is all the frequencies they work with.

Hi Mike; yep that was probably me! We were there checking in on the detector display in Cabelas and for an aussie, seeing the size of that store blew me away! You would never see a store with a full aquarium and mountain display with the animals like that in Australia! I took a gazzilion pictures to show my kids when i get back... I am sorry we did not get a chance to say hi but i guess its not the usual thing to stop someone near a mens room to say - Do i know you??? I hope you had a great day!

Hi Russ, great to hear from you, yes i still have the 1.8 ouncer i was lucky enough to find with you but i dropped it in acid and it now is just a plane old nugget - no more a specie! She sure is a beauty and the memory of that trip with Doc you and Rob will be a life long one! I do appreciate your kind words and i look forward to swinging with you again some day. I sure will let you know.

We are excited about the new year ahead with only good things going to happen and want you all to know that we are here to help in any way and we will be supporting the dealer network so they inturn can support the customer. As Bill mentioned we will be developing new products which will improve detecting ability and continue to support the community with great options for their hobby.

Best Regards,

Trevor @ Coiltek...

Hi Mike C. - These questions are valid and need to be answered.

Yes our Distribution Centre is in Arizona but it is a completely independent warehouse/fulfillment centre which we have some space in where we can store our stock until it is required by the dealers.

We have appointed no official distributor and will be handling all requirements from our offices in Australia. Please note that this does not mean that the service will be slow or in any way hindered. It actually means we have live stock inside the US boarders which is under our control and can be shipped or drop shipped when requested. As a customer it is still business as usual and we will worry about the rest.

We certainly appreciated all the years we had with Doc and our new direction in USA meant we needed to ensure we have full control over the product distribution in the USA. Therefore we have not appointed any one distributor.

I hope this sheds some light on your queries and will see and feel the new energy which we will be applying to the market.

Best regards,

Trevor.

Trevor:

If your in the Rich Hill area this weekend..........look me up.

Im going to be banging my coilteks all over :)Big, medium, and small...deep and shallow :)

Look for a puke green 87 toyota 4runner if your up there.

Good to have you in the US looking things over. Its great over here. :)

Tom H.

Thanks Tom, i certainly appreciate the invite. can I take it up next time maybe?? I have to fly out to Chicago tomorrow to keep my trip going so I only had limited time at Rich Hill but it was an amazing site... I could just smell the gold as we ventured up the road... I was looking at all the colour and rounded rocks! Great country indeed.

All the best with your hunting and thanks for your support! I hope they bang out a few for you.

regards

Trevor

Guest goldstudmuffin

I should also mention Trevor is pretty darn good with a detector and a pick! :Diggin_a_hole:

Hey Trevor,

I've been saving this picture for 9 months now your monthy find contest, I guess I'm just to lazy to enter it.

I found this 6 ounce nugget with my old orange 24" round mono... Thanks for the hat!

post-86-0-63770000-1355409382_thumb.jpg

Hi Trevor,

I went to the Coiltek website and could not find any coils for the X-TERRA 705.

Are they available?

Bill S. I didn't see them on your website either.

Thanks,

Hagen

Edited by HagenT

Hi Trevor,

I went to the Coiltek website and could not find any coils for the X-TERRA 705.

Are they available?

Bill S. I didn't see them on your website either.

Thanks,

Hagen

Just got all my new info yesterday and will be re-doing my site, but can get one for you no problem

C04-0010

15" ALL TERRAIN X-TERRA 7.5kHz SERIES COIL (375mm)

$326.40

C04-0011

15" ALL TERRAIN X-TERRA 3kHz SERIES COIL (375mm)

$326.40

C04-0012

15" ALL TERRAIN X-TERRA 18.75kHz SERIES COIL (375mm)

Call for more info or any specials I am running....Bill

Great Nugget Russ! Great hat too! I will get a bunch of hats over to our store soon. I will then work with our dealers to get them some for promo items.

Hi Chris, yes we wish to discuss all possibilities with the dealers so it will be great to hear from you. You can email your interest to natalie.m@coiltekmanufacturing.com.au and she will discuss the process. Natalie is our Marketing Director and is doing a great job. she is responsible for all the ads in the US magazines and our new website. We look forward to working with you.

Hi Hagen, yes we make our 15" coil for the XTERRA in all frequencies now which is great for the 705 users. you can read more about them here:

http://coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/x-terra.html

I also recommend you read Randy Horton's review as he enjoyed their performance and writes a great story.

All the best

Trevor

Thanks Bill and Trevor,

Nice article on the new coil.

Bill, which one would you recommend, If I want to use it for beach, and nugget shooting? I have the DD 18.75Khz gold elipticle already, but looking for a little more depth and coverage.

Will I still get good results for rings at the beach with the 18.75Khz, or should I switch to the mid frequency?

The 18.75 is fine for both gold and the beach and the lower KHZ coils can come in handy for coins or relics as well as better depth on same. The 18.75 is more sensitive to smaller targets like gold nuggets while the 7.5 is very good for coin size targets and up and will get very good depth on same. If you will be mainly hunting nuggets perhaps the 18.75 would be your best bet and it will also hear small gold targets at the beach better as well.