Nugget Shooter Forums

whites goldmaster gmb4 ?

well had a chance to trade my garrett for a whites gold master what do you think.. It picked up the fine stuff really fast.. hope it is easer to learn any hints..

Just get out and use it. Dig every target and twist every knob.

The biggest challenge in this hobby is finding a location where gold is large enough and close enough to the surface to be detected.

Thats where joining a club that has "detecting claims" will really improve your chances.

I think the best thing you could do is trade it for a gold bug pro. Also a pro is light weight compare to either detector you mentioned. Just mt 2 cents.

Rim, theres absolutely nothing wrong with the Whites 4B for a beginner to gold detecting.

It is entirely better suited for the purpose than the Garrett she traded for it.

The object here is like Chris said "Get out there an start swinging" The detector is capable now its up to the 'swinger" :D

Rim, theres absolutely nothing wrong with the Whites 4B for a beginner to gold detecting.

It is entirely better suited for the purpose than the Garrett she traded for it.

The object here is like Chris said "Get out there an start swinging" The detector is capable now its up to the 'swinger" :D

Frank,

I never said anything is wrong with it other than it's heavy like most of their machines. I'm not saying it wasn't a good detector. Also it's hard to find any info on the 4b on the internet meaning not very many people are still using.

I did see one post saying it's a 2005 model?????? But I don't see it listed on Whites product page. Has it been discontinued already?

Rim

Edited by Rimshot

Rim theres lots of em out there. Actually all the Goldmaster series detectors.

The only problem with stepping up to a GB Pro is cost.

Most people entering the realm of nugget detecting aren't wanting to make a large expenditure, but they still want a unit that is adequate and capable of returning good results

I believe Birdlady came across the Garrett very reasonably and it didn't suit her purpose of chasin nuggets.

So by finding a swap type deal she was able to obtain a good starter unit without a big cash outlay. Kudos to her and her husband.

Rim I didn't mean anything derogatory about yer post at all.

There are loads of nuggethunters out there using older machines and scoring regularly with them.

Untill a detector is made that mounts on yer shoe ya gotta carry an swing it.

Rim theres lots of em out there. Actually all the Goldmaster series detectors.

The only problem with stepping up to a GB Pro is cost.

Most people entering the realm of nugget detecting aren't wanting to make a large expenditure, but they still want a unit that is adequate and capable of returning good results

I believe Birdlady came across the Garrett very reasonably and it didn't suit her purpose of chasin nuggets.

So by finding a swap type deal she was able to obtain a good starter unit without a big cash outlay. Kudos to her and her husband.

Rim I didn't mean anything derogatory about yer post at all.

There are loads of nuggethunters out there using older machines and scoring regularly with them.

Untill a detector is made that mounts on yer shoe ya gotta carry an swing it.

Frank,

Well actually the gold bug pro is cheaper then her garrett 2500. I think the 2500 is like a grand. The GMT which is a little nicer than the 4b is like $800. And I think the gb pro is around 6-700 bucks. These numbers are new prices not used. I'm just saying I would rather sling something light to conserve energy. Less sweat...lol! No biggie. :head:

Shoulders are expensive to replace and ohhhhhhhh what a pain. :2mo5pow:

I'm sorry about your sales Chris... :idunno:

Rim

I thought I would clue you all in my garrett 2500 was very heavy and need a person that knew all about them to run them.. I only paid 450.oo and so with the even swop.. I think i did great,, Yeah the garrett is around 1600.00 but i got it for a song too. so I dont feel I did bad.. and the goldmast 4B is lighter in weight.. so I am impressed happy hunting ,, to me and you.. Happy holidays...

Still reading on the manual and doing adjustments but I think I might be a little clear with this and who knows may just

find a little Nugget,, thanks